Story 5: Wedlock (TangFei CP)

Shao Fei woke up to the wonderful smell of tea, the warm rays of the sun permeating the room through the windows, momentarily blinding him and making him close his eyes with a wince-the curtains are too thin to help-eyes crinkling at the irritation creeping on his pupils. To save himself from the brightness assaulting him, he groans and turns around to bury his face on the soft brown pillows, breathing softly.

After a while, he stretches his arms above his head, pajamas rustling as he lets out a yawn. Scratching the back of his neck, he whirls his head to his right and scans the surroundings, blinking to rid himself of the blurry sight. He didn't shift his position in bed, instead sliding his hand on the left side of the mattress (still cannot find the will to meet the blinding spectacle).

The golden band surrounding his ring finger glints under the radiance of the sun as he tries to feel that familiar warmth but frowns when only air meets his palm.

"Looking for me?"

He tilted his head upwards and meets Tang Yi's gaze slightly hidden under his bangs (usually styled but now falling delicately on his forehead). Despite that, he didn't miss the gentleness dancing inside his husband's dark eyes while a soft smile graces his handsome face, broad back leaning on the doorway. He is still dressed in his pajamas, looking gorgeous and Shao Fei had to try hard to suppress the incredible amount of fondness threatening to spill from his whole being at seeing him, rising up from the bed to sit and beckoning for the other to come closer.

Tang Yi did, removing his position from the doorway and ambling towards Shao Fei. As soon as the other looms over him, Shao Fei pulled his hand in a silent command to lean down. When the distance of their faces drew near, he puckers his lips for a kiss but instead of another pair of lips meeting his, he was met with the rough palm of the other.

He stares into the playful expression of Tang Yi, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. The taller man smiles, "Wash your face and brush your teeth first."

The smaller man gave him a look and removes the other's palm on his lips, earning a mocking smirk from Tang Yi. He didn't like that look so he made a move to wipe it.

"Ow, my toe!" He points at his toes and the other follows his gaze, making Shao Fei sneak a kiss on his cheek while he is distracted. With a slight upturn of his lips in victory, Shao Fei chirps brightly, "Good morning!"

His husband chuckles and cups his cheeks, thumbs stroking the other's cheekbones and a similar ring adorning his left finger like Shao Fei's slightly glinting before placing a chaste kiss on the other's lips, "Good morning."

Shao Fei looked like he haven't got enough, not releasing his hold on Tang Yi's hand and even tugging his sleeve for another kiss. The taller man noticed this and he immediately pulls out his trump card so that the other can start with his day, "It's already 8:30 AM. You'll be late for work, Captain Meng."

He laughs when the other yells and pushes him out of the way, running clumsily to the bathroom placed on the right side of the room, "Why didn't you tell me!" He glares heatedly before slamming the door of the bathroom close to take a shower.

Tang Yi yells back, "I was busy brewing tea for you dowstairs!"

"So that's what woke me up!" A muffled voice replied.

Tang Yi grins, "Better than your alarm clock."

_

"You really need to buy a new alarm clock. It won't even ring anymore."

Shao Fei released a frustrated sigh, ignoring Tang Yi and staring at the buildings they pass by as the other's car raced down the road carefully. The driver watched the two seated in the back through the rearview mirror, still astonished at the smile present on his boss' face. No matter how many times he sees the other's blank face shifting into an expressive one in the presence of his husband, he still won't get used to it.