PART TWO

PART TWO
PROLOGUE
The Want to Get Even
***Message at the bottolm***

"Things will always get worse before they get better."

WHILE THE DUOMO SEEMED TO be filling to bursting with people from all over Italy, she stood here alone and in the quiet comfort of her thoughts, standing before a large piece of religious art donated to his specific place by her grandfather

WHILE THE DUOMO SEEMED TO be filling to bursting with people from all over Italy, she stood here alone and in the quiet comfort of her thoughts, standing before a large piece of religious art donated to his specific place by her grandfather. She stood before this artwork, staring at the vibrant greens and the brilliant blues, the bright red and the agonized expression on the face of Christ himself. From what Giuliano had told her, many a soul had come to see her be married. Some came from Rome, others came from Milan and towns closer to the ports. While she knew she should be getting ready, that her betrothed waited at the end of an alter to pledge his love to her in the sanctity of marriage, Masina couldn't help but give pause to give herself some time to think. She wished that her father had lived long enough to see her be married, she prayed that this union would not be torn asunder or used for other means. Masina hoped against hope that her younger brother would not do anything that would damage the relations between her Maiden and Married houses.

She stared at the crucifix, her eyes slowly taking in each and every piece as she prayed to God and to Christ himself. Masina soaked in the pained expression on the face of Christ, the blood and spear wound on his chest, and the marks on his hands and feet.

Masina de Medici tried to take comfort in her religion, she tried to find some semblance of peace as her mind roared against the frightened feeing that her heart screamed through. Closing her eyes and swallowing against the panic that rose in her breast, the eldest Medici daughter took a step back before returning to her rooms and finishing preparations for her wedding.

"I hope this union is not a mistake."

»»——   ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ——««

THE CHAOS THAT ERUPTED on the day she would breath her last was admittedly hellish in nature, completely unexpected, and something that would be remembered for the rest of time

THE CHAOS THAT ERUPTED on the day she would breath her last was admittedly hellish in nature, completely unexpected, and something that would be remembered for the rest of time. The Pazzi Conspiracy was a plan that a group of stupid men concocted and it was on that day, on the day of Mass that the place would take place and with her husband leading the charge. The chaos began mere moments after the Agnus Dei began, she watched as men appeared from the shadows in droves, driving their blades into any and every Medici man they saw and cutting down those who got in the way. These men that were cloaked in dark colors were men she recognized and men who had shared her table. Though people were shouting and running for safety, trying to stay away from the weapon wielding fools, many more innocent people were being hurt and killed.