Chapter 3: Befuddled Bridge

Its 5:00 pm on my wrist watch I always think if I can “Pass the buck” the closing time on my work, 

[Stomach rumbles…]

 I was about to go home and take a nap for a while but before that, I arrange all the books that are not return to its respected shelves [pissed off] 

“I hate silly readers...” 

I turned off the entire lights, get my poke, and lock the door; this is my closing routine it got me crazy when going home---

While walking not too far from the National library, I went to the 7/11 store to buy Carbonated drinks and donuts. Then I went to McDonalds to buy Sundae and Large fries for my brother. His favorite snacks…

When passing by in the pedestrian lane, I remember something “Why JC goes to the library by himself? [Hmm?] 

Then he said to me that I must go home for dinner. How did he know the way from my work? There is something wrong-- So I run quickly, my heart was beating so fast and I was catching my breathe I didn’t mind vehicles [beeping]

Driver: " You moron, did you see that it was green light!!! Do you want To DIE!!?”

“Apparently, I know the meaning of green light but I was in rush, sorry mister” I just ride on the taxi near to the annoying driver. “I wish there's nothing bad happen to my brother, I was praying inside the taxi” 

Taxi driver: “Sir where we will go?” 

“Vista Verde Village Block 3 Lot 13 makes it fast!!” [Phone Ring] 

“Oh, it’s Mom…” 

Then I answered, she was crying while saying: "Your brother...has been hit...... by a car, he was in the Operating Room for at least 4 hours. Can you go here at Del Mundo Hospital?!" Then I replied

"Got it. Please calm down, Mom! I’m on my way!" 

Suppressing my emotion, resisting the tears, and I ended the call…

I said to the driver that "Can we go to Del Mundo hospital, please hurry?"

The taxi dropped me in front of hospital and felt a spine shivering stare from nowhere which bothers me a lot but then I proceed…

I asked the station nurse “Is there any patient named Jan Carlo Tomas, I’m his brother."

The station nurse gave the room number 21 then writes my name from the visitors list. 

As I walk through the corridor to find the room 21. I saw a shadow passing by so, I grab my dagger on my sash and then I run quickly to find the room. 

“Room 21 the door was open. I can hear the music from the radio inside; ‘143 song’. 

[Song plays]

'This is it, listen up right now. I'm singing this for the entire world to hear, this is our story, in lack of human glory, so tonight, I'm breaking down despite, what you may have found, Attention, the nice guy's left the room and now the prick will take the floor.  So here we go, I'm not alone, your covers blown Hey sweetie welcome to your song.'

[Cut]

I entered to the room as a timid dog staring to the person inside the room. Unfortunately my brother is not here; I saw a man with alot of apparatus in his body seemingly it’s for the life support, in his state of coma…

In medicine, there is a slight chance for a comatosed patient to wake up; hopefully our next generation can think more advance solution from death. But I don’t have much knowledge about it.