3

Izuku figures out that he has his work cut out for him when he shows up to Dagobah Beach and realizes it's the place he semi-affectionately calls shit beach. He hadn't really thought about the fact it must have had an actual name before now. He was usually too busy fighting off the monsters who loved to hang out here to care.

"Good morning, my boy!" Small Might greets when Izuku jogs up. "Doing well, I hope?"

"Morning." Izuku replies. "What's the plan, All Might?"

"You're going to clean this beach before the Yuuei entrance exam!" All Might gestures to the beach with a smile. Izuku makes a gesture for him to continue. "This will help build up your muscle mass, so that when you get One For All, it won't, ahem, blowoffyourlimbs."

At this moment, Izuku realizes that neither him nor All Might know what the fuck they're doing. He's totally ignorant to the origins and limits of One For All, and All Might has never taken a student before. But Izuku figures that he'll have to wait until All Might knows and trusts him a little more to get all that information he needs, and nothing is really stopping him from asking his dad next visit if he really wants to know.

It's obvious that All Might is expecting some struggle with the task he's set, but Izuku just climbs down the stairs and gets to work moving trash. The work isn't overly easy, he's still getting a little bit of a workout from it, but Izuku has been doing strength training since he was seven, so it's not a big deal either.

Izuku clears out a good sized area before All Might calls him to stop and do his cool down stretches.

"You're stronger than you look, my boy! Maybe you'll be ready faster than I thought..." He muses aloud. Izuku agrees, but doesn't say anything until two months later. School is out by then, and Izuku has been spending free days working on the beach.

When All Might comes to check up on him after buying them lunch one day, Izuku is standing on the street instead of the sand. He takes the lunch All Might offers him and they both sit to eat.

"I think I can handle One For All." Izuku mentions, glancing over at All Might when he does. He almost expects the hero to spit up blood again, but All Might frowns thoughtfully.

"You are a pretty good vessel." He agrees. "But I'm still worried about overloading you with the power of it."

Izuku thinks about his dad and the godly essence running through his blood.

"I can handle it." He promises. It takes a few more minutes of assurances until All Might is plucking of a strand of golden hair from his head and holding it out. Izuku looks between it and the hero.

"You have to ingest DNA." All Might explains sheepishly. Izuku wrinkles his nose, but the hair is still glittering gold, so he takes it and puts it in his mouth, followed by an immediate swig of water. "It should take about three hours for One For All to transfer..."

Three hours until Izuku is the forever holder of the strongest quirk he knows of. How to pass the time...

"Want to go see a movie?" He asks.

One movie and download of Pokémon: Plus Ultra onto All Might's phone later finds the two of them back on Dagobah. All Might instructs Izuku to try and fire up One For All, and use it if he can. Izuku walks down to the sand and closes his eyes.

There's a low, foreign buzz of power in him. Instead of 'firing it up,' Izuku let's the buzz grow and expand, filling him with the new power. He hears a small gasp and opens his eyes. There are golden sparks leaping off of him, and when he lifts his arms, they're covered in a crisscross of golden lightning that continues over the rest of his body as well. He has a feeling this is supposed to be harder than it is for him, but gold is gold is fortune.