Ding-Dong, you're a witch!

Hey, guys! Quick note before getting into the good stuff, but I promise, it's important:
All dialogue with the dragons is in their language. She's fluent in both English and the language of dragons, but prefers to speak in the dragon's language when she can. It's similar to parseltounge, but she can't understand snakes, only dragons. And hey, thanks for putting up with my bad writing!

Pyra's POV

I woke up to sweltering heat. Not that unusual, in a dragon sanctuary, but much closer, certainly, to me. I got up and stretched, yawning, and looked around groggily. I blinked.

Was that a cake?

Yes. That was, indeed, a cake. Why?

Wait. Was it my hatch-day? Already? Why was it on fire? I mean, don't get me wrong, I love fire, but a cake on fire? And who was the lady in the pointy hat?

I looked up at Meeya, one of the four dragons who raised me, and asked(in English, don't want the weird lady scared) "Meeya, why is it on fire and who is the lady in the pointy hat?"

Instead of answering, Meeya tilted her head and flicked her tail, a gesture that meant, 'I'm not going to talk, ask her.'

I looked to the pointy hat lady and gave her my best explain now glare to her.

She pursed her lips and launched into a (most likely prepared) speech.

"I'm sure you know, by now, that you are not normal. You have been raised by dragons instead of humans and have grown up with little to no human interaction. Yet another example of your abnormality lies in the fact that you may have experienced incidents during your childhood, such as your favourite toys getting to you with nothing but air supporting them, or random things catching fire." She paused for breath and I shook my head. "There is a school for you to go to to control these things, your magic. It is called Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry,  and you have the option of going there. Term starts on September first, and I expect to see you among the first years then. You will get to the Hogwarts express from Platform 9 3/4 in the Kings Cross station. You will get your supplies from the various stores in Diagon Alley, which you will get to through the Leakey Cauldron. Here is the list of materials you will need." She nodded and handed me a sheet of paper.

I looked at it. It looked at me. I looked up and discovered that she was gone. Of course she was. I raised an eyebrow and went back to reading the paper, which said:

Uniform

First-year students will require:

1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
4. One winter cloak (black with silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.

Course books

All students should have a copy of the following:

The standard book of spells (Grade 1)
                       By Miranda Goshawk
A history of magic
                       By Bathilda Bagshot
Magical theory
                      By Adalbert Waffling
A beginner's guide to transfiguration
                     By Emeric Switch
One thousand magical herbs and fungi
                     By Phyllida Spore
Magical drafts and potions
                    By Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic beasts and where to find them
                    By Newt Scamander
Some book for DADA
                   By Somebody What'stheirface

Other equipment

1 wand
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set glass or crystal phials
1 telescope
1 set brass scales

Students may also bring, if they desire, an owl OR a cat OR a toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS
ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICK

Yours sincerely,

Lucinda Thomsonicle-Pocus

Chief Attendant of Witchcraft Provisions

I looked at Meeya.

"So... When are we getting my supplies?"

"The better question- how are we going to afford your supplies?" Meeya questioned.

"Do you suppose that the sanctuary would pay for them?" My eyebrows furrowed and I frowned, trying to work out a way to pay for things.

I looked up at Meeya and asked, "What if we... I dunno, pickpocketed someone here? I mean, if I took a few galleons from several different people, it wouldn't go unnoticed, but maybe they would just write it off as an accident, or maybe think that their dryer ate it or something? What do you think?"

Meeya nodded and said, "That's a good idea. Get Runa's input on it, though."

I turned to the sleeping form of Runa, then looked at Meeya. "Do you wanna wake her up, cause I don't."

Meeya shook her head. 
Horsefeathers. I walked up to Runa, and, being the idiot I am, sat on her head and started bouncing. After a few minutes, I felt Runa start to stir, so I pried open her eye and blew on it. She growled and started to sit up.

"Why did you wake me up? It's only-" her eyes flickered to the sky "-about nine A.M., I don't normally get up until, like, noon. What do you want from me?!" She sighed as she finished her statement.

"We wanted to know how mad you would be if I stole some money from the sanctuary workers to go to Diagon Alley," I informed her, then started to fill her in on the day's proceedings.

~~A La Time Skip ™, brought to you lovely folks by the memory of the 1920's and Bucky Barnes~~

After filling Runa's poor, confused head with what had happened, I asked, "Are we going to mention the bonfire cake that's been going since I woke up, at least? Or did you two not notice it? "

Judging by their reactions, they either didn't notice or forgot about it, because they went ballistic! Have you ever seen two fully grown Hungarian Horntails trying to extinguish a burning cake by blowing on it and accidentally blowing flames on it instead? No? Well, if you haven't, it's a beautiful sight.

Hey, guys! What did you think? The picture at the top is of Meeya and Runa trying to put out the birthday cake (which certainly you guessed it what it was) and ultimately failing, while the two males are being useless lumps in the background.
If you couldn't tell, Runa and Meeya are Hungarian Horntails, while Clangs and Fawes are Welsh Greens.
If you can't tell what my handwriting says, don't worry, I can't either sometimes. It says:
        Runa.                                                                    Meeya

              Useless lump #2                       Useless lump #1

Total word count: 1,096 words.