03| THE PEVENSIES' RETURN

Chapter Three

Chapter Three

The Pevensies' Return

ANNABELL

"COMMANDER," a voice called out as they walked into my throne room where I sat on my throne, twirling my dagger on the armrest.

I looked up to see Caspian walking into the room and as he went to bow to me, I held up my hand. "You don't need to bow. I've never been comfortable with the bowing," I informed him as I smiled at him.

He nodded and I noticed he was shuffling on his feet which made me ask; "What's wrong Caspian?"

The Telmarine prince didn't answer my question before he turned towards the entrance of the room. Four figures entered the room which caused my smile to fall from my face. "Annabell?!" Lucy cried out when her eyes meet mine.

The other Pevensies remained silent as they stared at me with wide eyes. I, however, remained silent as I narrowed my eyes at them and continued twirling my dagger on the armrest. "How are you alive?" Susan asked as she walked towards me but was stopped by Granir, a male minotaur, moving towards her with his axe raised slightly.

I held out my hand which stopped Granir from moving toward Susan. "Commander..." I interrupted Granir by stabbing my dagger into the armrest and throwing up both my hands before ordering; "Leave us."

Those beside Caspian, the Pevensie and myself left the throne room. I stood up from my throne and stepped down from the raised platform. Lucy smiled brightly before rushing toward me and wrapping her arms around my waist. I, however, didn't hug her back as my arms remained by my side. "How ARE you alive?" Edmund asked when Lucy pulled away from me.

"Aslan used magic to keep me young," I answered in a cold tone as I walked over to the tablet in the room that had my plans laid out on it.

I flipped through my plans, ignoring those in the room with me. "They called you Commander," Susan commented as she moved to stand beside me and look down at my plans.

"A commander led their people through times of war," I snapped as I threw the plans that were in my hands onto the table.

I turned on my feet and walked back over to my throne. I removed my dagger from the art rest and placed it back in its sheath on my left thigh. As I went to walk out of the room, I was stopped by someone grabbing onto my upper arm. My head whipped around to see Peter who was the one grabbing my arm. "Let go of me," I snarled at him as I narrowed my eyes at him.

"What happened to you?" he asked as he stared down at me in surprise.

His question caused me to scoff before I ripped my arm out of his grip and snapped; "A lot has happened in the past 1300 years."