Chapter 5

It's been altleast two weeks since the shooting happened at Monse's. She's been staying here with us, and none of us mind. Her dad called to thank my Abuela for letting her stay with us when he wasn't home. Oscar's been here while he could too. He'd go out and take care of business then come back.

"I'm back" a voice yelled from the door. I walked out of my room and saw Oscar and Cesar sitting on the couch.

"You know you live right across the street right?" I asked grabbing a mango from the fridge and started cutting it. Oscar came in the kitchen and sat on the counter.

"Can I have some?" He asked. I shook my head and placed a slice of mango in my mouth. He frowned.

"Please?"

"You can get up and cut yourself some." I walked out the kitchen and he followed. I sat on the couch next to Cesar so he wouldn't sit next to me.

Oscar coughed from behind us. We both turned around. "Where's Monse?" He asked.

"She went to get some clothes from her house" Cesar replied.

He smacked Cesar on the back of his head. " You let her go by herself?" Cesar shook his head and took a slice of my mango.

"Ruby and Jamal are with her" Oscar nodded his head and stood in front of Cesar.

"Mano Ruby and Cesar get scared when they see me, you think they can keep her safe from prophets?" Oscar asked. Cesar's eyes widened and he ran out the door.

Oscar took the chance and sat next to me. "So you let him have some and not me."

"Well I like him, you not so much." I shrugged.

"Apparently you like me enough to sleep next to me every night." He stated reaching his hand to grab a slice. I quickly slapped his hand away.

"It's not like I have a choice Oscar." I got up and put the empty plate in the sink. "You won't go to your own house." 

He got up and came in the kitchen. He grabbed a mango from the fridge and started peeling it. Once he was done he took a bite out of it. The juice was dripping down his chin. He looked good.

" That's disturbing." I said throwing a roll of napkins at him. He didn't say anything. Once he was done he washed his hands and the plates that were in the sink and he headed outside.

I followed him out. He sat down on the porch and lit the blunt that was hanging on the top of his ear.

"Oscar" he ignored me and took another hit.

"Spooky" I said. He ignored me again.

"Diaz" he ignored me once again.

"Is this because I wouldn't give you any mango?" I asked. He ignored me again. Fine.

I snatched the blunt out of his hand and took a hit. He looked at me wide eyed, but still continued to ignore me.

"You wanna see a cool trick?" I asked. He was ignoring me still. I grabbed his face and faced it towards me. "All you gotta do is inhale through your mouth." He nodded his head.

I scooted closer to him. I put the lit side of the blunt in my mouth and blew. The smoke started coming out the other end, and he inhaled. He held the smoke in his lungs for as long as he could, he exhaled.

"Where'd you learn that from fool?" He asked.

"I lived in New York, east Harlem." I handed him the blunt. " It's your turn now you do it to me".

Oscar put the blunt in his mouth and faced me. He pulled me closer to him. For a moment we just sat there facing each other, and I didn't mind. I never noticed how pretty his eyes are. He coughed breaking the silence. "Are you ready?" I nodded my head.

I closed my eyes getting ready to inhale the smoke when I felt Oscar kiss me. I pulled away and looked at him. "Do it again." I eagerly said. He cupped my face in his hands and leaned in. This time I kissed him back.

"Daammmnnn I seee you, I see you, and I'm down with it." A voice said. I quickly pulled away. It was the dark haired girl that always follows Cesar's friends around. Oscar was glaring at her, and when she finally noticed she pulled out her inhaler, took a deep breath, and ran.

"I gotta go, I'll see you tonight" Oscar said getting up.

Wow.