Chapter 7

I don't know what came over me last night.'

'I'm so sorry. I don't know how I'll ever make it up to you.'

'You have every right to be mad, but please give me another chance.'

'Let's have lunch today.'

'I can't lose you.'

'I love you.'

Clarke's frown deepens more and more with each text from Finn that she reads. All of them were sent last night. Finn was typing all of it up and sending it to her, probably not sleeping at all, while she and Lexa-

She barely stops herself from jumping when two arms wrap around her waist from behind and a warm body presses against her back.

"Hi," Lexa husks into her neck, and she hurries to lock her phone. Lexa couldn't have read through the texts, could she? No one can read that fast. Hopefully. Lexa's full of surprises, sure, but she's not Supergirl.

Hopefully.

"Hi," she whispers back, turning around to face her new lover. Lover. God, she slept with her. She actually slept with her.

And now, Lexa Woods is standing in her kitchen, barefoot, wearing a white undershirt and Clarke's sweatpants that are baggy on her in the most delicious of ways, revealing the v-cut of her lower stomach and just a hint of her pelvis, soft short brown curls already familiar to Clarke's eyes.

Lexa's kiss is sleepy and lazy. Clarke's the first to deepen it, tasting this new Lexa, warm and sated and bare, stripped of formal wear and tension and obligations. "Come back to bed," she mumbles against her lips. "It's still early."

Clarke chuckles. "Never would have thought you'd be the one to encourage lazing around," she teases. Man, she must have one hell of a morning breath. It can't be all that bad, though. Lexa doesn't seem to mind.

"What can I say," Lexa grins. "I strive to remain unpredictable. Mysterious. I've been told women quite like that."

"Shut up," Clarke rolls her eyes before kissing her again.

She doesn't know how she feels. One word to describe her current mood would be relaxed. Sated. Her body is rested and boneless, and all she wants is to curl up in bed and doze off with a smile on her face. Great sex will do that to a girl, she supposes.

Except she had great sex with another girl who is most decidedly not her boyfriend and it feels like she's already said something along these lines a couple of times, but that's her life now. Stuck in a loop of decisions she's not even sure she can call right anymore.

Finn was calling her over and over again while she was screaming Lexa's name, and she's not really sure if she was trying not to scream his. That's something she might tell herself, sure. That's something she might tell him when he inevitably finds out, sure. Is it true?

She's not - she's just not sure.

Lexa's lips venture down to her jaw, leaving careless nibbles on her skin, and Clarke curses inwardly when she feels her body betray her again, with an aching pull in her lower stomach making her press closer to Lexa.

She's not sure about a lot of things lately.

"Is everything okay?" Damn Lexa and her untimely perceptiveness.

She forces a smile. "Everything's perfect," she breathes before slowly entwining her arms around Lexa's neck, tugging her down for a kiss that leaves them both breathless. "Let's go back to bed."