》02《 Endearments

° ° °

After many detours and turns, Y/N was finally able to find her homeroom. She looked up at the sign above the door.

Class 4-A.

Reluctantly, she opened the door a little and peeked in. To her astonishment, the class was empty. Well, besides the teacher who was busily talking to a tall ash-blonde lamp post.

Wait, no. That's not a lamp post. Why would a lamp post even be inside a building, she squinted at the lamp post's frame. It's a person. . . Have my eyes gotten worse lately?

In pursuit of observing further, the H/C haired girl accidently pushed the door further open, resulting it to slam in its place. Having gained the attention of the two people in the room, she smiled awkwardly.

As if she couldn't be more embarassing from gawking afar, she just had to smile like an idiot.

Oh my god, Y/N, she chastised herself silently, you've done it now! How embarrassing!

"I'm Mr. Yuto." The older male gave her a calm smile to ease her nerves. The teacher asked, snapping her out of her quiet reverie. "Can I help you, Ms. . .?"

"Sorry," The girl bowed lightly and apologized before introducing herself. "My name is L/N Y/N."

"The L/N Y/N?" the ash-blonde boy spoke from behind Mr. Yuto. His tone was that of someone who just met their idol. "The tennis player who has over a hundred victories?"

"I guess you can put it that way," Y/N said modestly, running her fingers against the back of her neck. It was a habit she always did when she was nervous. She held her hands up to protest. "You don't have to go all out though. Y/N's just fine."

"Really?" The boy's stormy grey eyes lit up like a flash of lightning. He clapped his hands together excitedly. "I feel really lucky to meet you, Y/N! I have a lot of questions for you—"

"Izumi, let's not scare the girl, alright?" Mr. Yuto cutted in, noticing the color slowly going away from Y/N's face as Izumi bombarded her with questions. "Don't pester her as much."

"Anyways," Mr. Yuto continued as he dragged Izumi back to his side. He placed a hand on the boy's shoulder to keep him in place. "Ms. L/N, this is Lin Izumi. He seems like trouble, but I promise you, he's a good kid. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask him or me, okay?"

"I'll definitely ask. Thank you for your help." The girl bowed again. Her H/C colored hair covered her face before she rose again.

After the two males finished with their greetings, Y/N went ahead to sit down at a seat near the window. The seat was perfect as it had an amazing view of the tennis courts, and it was near the back as well.

Succumbing to her thoughts, Y/N dazed off whilst looking out the window. She became so lost in her thoughts that she didn't realize that students began to file into the class and take their seats. She also didn't realize that a certain stormy-eyed boy was staring at her dreamily from across the room.

Then, the school bell rang, signalling it was time for class. As Y/N now focused her attention to the teacher, Izumi looked away hurriedly, scared that he'd be exposed for staring at her.

But it was too late, a random boy whistled at the female. He brazenly shouted, "Looks like lover-boy has a little crush!"

Izumi blushed, and looked away from the H/C haired girl. His cheeks were now as red as two ripe tomatoes. He covered his face with the textbook he was holding.

After hearing the statement, an innumerable amount of girls glared at Y/N. Lin Izumi was very popular with the ladies as he had the looks and knowledge. Although, he never dated anyone since he was a gifted student who only focused on his studies.

It didn't stop girls from falling in love with him though. He was like a forbidden fruit. One can only reach for, but not taste.

"Now, now, everyone. Let's all calm down." Mr. Yuto cleared his throat, silencing the once noisy classroom. He pointed at the boy who caused the commotion. "Tristan, if you have that much time on yours hands. Then I believe an hour of detention should be fine for you."

The boy, whose name was Tristan, slumped in his seat. He crossed his arms together and mumbled incoherent words to himself. Students around him had to hold their laughter in as they were afraid of getting detention too.

"Since it's the first week of school, we're scheduled to look at the clubs in the auditorium," Mr. Yuto continued with his agenda, "Everyone please make two uniformed lines outside."

On his command, every student in the class left the classroom. Y/N followed in pursuit, and ended up at the end of the line. Surprisingly, beside her was no other than the boy she met earlier, Izumi.

Whilst Mr. Yuto led the lines from the front, Izumi got his chance to finally talk to Y/N alone. He grinned at the E/C eyed girl, which the girl returned with a small smile.

Even though it was a tiny smile, Izumi's heart skipped a bit. Not only did he fanboy a little, but he also felt like he was on cloud nine.

"Izumi, are you okay?" Y/N asked worriedly. The blonde haired boy stopped walking all of the sudden. The line of students began to disappear, which made Y/N worry even more. She thought, what would happen if I got lost again? She didn't even know where the auditorium was!

Determined to catch up to the group of students, Y/N had no choice but to grab onto Izumi's sleeve and drag him along with her as she ran.

"Why are we running?" Izumi asked, who was completely confused. "We're going to the auditorium, right?"

"Yeah." Y/N answered in a heavy breath. Her worrywart side shone through. "If we don't catch up, then we'll get lost!"

"What do you mean lost?" Izumi placed a hand over hers to stop her from running. The two gathered their breaths. He said, "I know exactly where the auditorium is."

Y/N's eyes widened and angrily pouted, which Izumi found so cute that he almost had a mini heartattack. Y/N pulled her hand away from his grasp, and punched him lightly in the chest. She took a deep breath in and released a deep breath out to stop herself from becoming more mad. "Why didn't you just tell me then?"

"You never asked." Izumi replied innocently, in which the girl punched his chest again.

"So you waited until we ran for almost five minutes around the school?" She asked flabbergasted. "I don't even know where everyone else is right now."

"Don't be angry Y/N." Izumi patted her shoulder. He pointed at a nearby building that was swarming with students, "See! The auditorium is right there."

The boys at this school are completely nuts! She thought in annoyance. I'm going crazy and it's just been a few hours. . .

The girl went in by herself, and left Izumi staring at her retreating back.

Izumi sighed. He didn't mean to trick the female, but he just wanted some time with her. Now that his plan backfired, he felt a little angry as well.

Y/N was someone he idolized ever since he was a kid. By the time she was seven, she already had gold medals whilst at age seven, Izumi could barely hold a racquet.

It was like a dream to meet the very person he looked up to all these years. Throughout his life, he supported her as best as he could by going to her games and cheering for her.

He didn't expect that the girl would not only occupy his childhood, but his adolescent years as well.

She was important to him, and he couldn't bear the thought of her having someone else by her side.

He can be the only person she needs to rely on, and anyone who got in the way would suffer consequences.