.

"C'mon, Shuichi!" Kokichi extended his hand to the other male, grinning wide.

Take my hand, I'll teach you to dance.

"I don't know, Kokichi... You know I'm not good on my feet."

I'll spin you around, won't let you fall down.

The smaller of the two rolls his eyes and chuckles, grabbing Shuichi's hand. "Don't worry, silly. I'll guide you!"

Would you let me lead? You can step on my feet.

"I'm going to make a fool of myself." The dark-haired detective looks to the side, face flushing slightly.

Give it a try. It'll be alright.

"It's just us, Shumai. Nobody's going to make fun of you. Well, except me of course!" He tugs his boyfriend closer, moving to place one hand on his shoulder.

The room's hush hush, and now's our moment.

Shuichi gives in, sighing and smiling softly. "Fine, fine. Only because I love you."

Take it in, feel it all, and hold it.

They move in silent unison, Kokichi's head rested on his boyfriend's chest, face tilted to meet the other male's emerald gaze.

Eyes on you, eyes on me. We're doing this right.

The air is sweet and light, like buttercream frosting.

Lovers dance when they're feeling in love.

Shuichi wishes he could stay like this forever, swaying in the moonlight to a song he knew by heart, a song that never failed to make him feel like he was floating on the softest of clouds, a song that reminded him that he was in love.

Spotlight shining, it's all about us.

He knew he wasn't the best dancer, but he was with his soulmate, and at that, he didn't care if everyone in the world was watching them.

And every heart in the room will melt.

He had never been this far in love. He had never been intoxicated on the smell of warm vanilla coming off of an old torn t-shirt. He would never have thought he'd feel these things, especially for Kokichi Ouma.

This is a feeling I've never felt, but it's all about us.

Shuichi feels his heart catch in his chest as the music starts playing, fading in from a silent pianissimo. The tears come next, invading his eyes with salt and regret. His throat feels tight, the air seems heavy.

He clenches his jaw and lets out a small chuckle, those same salty tears now making their way down his pale face.

He leans down, placing a shaky, soft kiss on Kokichi's cold forehead. His scent was long gone by now, but Shuichi swore he could still sense a tinge of that warm vanilla that his lover constantly smelled of. He lingered for a moment before standing up straight, wiping his nose onto his sleeve.

The funeral having been long over, he places his hand on the lid of the coffin, ready to seal it and bid his Kokichi a forever goodbye.

"Do you hear that, love? They're playing our song."