Chapter 1

"You know one of the things I hate the most in stories? When the protagonist falls in love with his/her best friend. No matter how I look at it, I just can't figure out why most people enjoy those kind of cliché love stories. Aren't they tired of seeing the same story plot again and again?" I told my sister Franki and she just nodded as a reply.

"It's frustrating that some authors can't think of an original plot and the flow of the story becomes too predictable. Like, do you get what I mean?"

She finally answered, "I do understand what you're trying to say, Charlotte. But there are writers who turn overused plot twists into something very unique and special. Maybe that's the reason why the readers don't get tired of them despite how common they are."

Silence filled the room. I'm trying hard to comprehend all the things she said to me but...

"You still don't get it do you?" she sighed, "I guess you have to experience it for yourself."

"Huh? What do you-"

I didn't finish what I was about to say because she already left. Is she really that busy to just leave me here without even saying goodbye?

Anyways, me and Franki are both writers, but the difference is that I'm just a newbie while she is a professional one. That's why I'm asking some useful tips from her, including how to avoid stereotypes and clichés when it comes to writing stories.

After a few minutes it started to rain. I looked at the window and joyfully watched as the raindrops fall. I'm a pluviophile-a person who loves the rain and finds joy and peace of mind during rainy days.

I decided to get some coffee because who wouldn't love a nice cup of coffee on a cold, rainy day? I also wore my favorite blue jacket to keep myself warm and played relaxing songs.

Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door. I hurriedly went to see who it was and to my surprise, it was Ryler, my other best friend. We haven't seen each other for months already.

"Oh, I see. You got yourself a new pair of glasses."

"I can't just give up gaming because of eye problems, you know. I had to get eyeglasses right away."

I bursted into laughter. "You're already a grown up 24 year old man yet you still play video games? You still haven't changed, Ryler. You're still childish, as usual."

"What's wrong with that? Gaming is not only for young children. Did you know that 72% of the video game-playing population are gamers 18 years old and above? Besides, at least I'm not like you who writes cringy love stories. Eww."

"FYI, I don't and will never write cringy love stories."

Here we go again. We always fight over simple things, but I can still say that our friendship cannot be replaced. Ryler and I have been best friends since Grade 1. And no, I didn't have any romantic feelings for him. I believe that not all friends with the opposite gender end up being together, unlike in most fictional love stories. I love him but only as a brother, nothing more, nothing less.

To be continued...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A/N: I apologize to my dear readers because this chapter was very short. I'm not a great writer myself and I also have lots of stuff to do in school so I hope you understand.