Chapter 11

"WHAT! No fucking way!" That came from Jesse, not me!

I look at Alex in disappointment but I'll keep my word. I sigh. Are all the men in this area cowards!?

"It's fine Jesse. I'll do it for you brother. I'll marry him. To keep you and yours safe, I'll do it. But now I want you all gone. I can't handle all the cowards I'm surrounded by!" Alex looks like I slapped him. Mikael let's out a relieved sigh.

"You're doing the right thing Loxley! I swear you are. You're saving so many lives. I'm so proud of you!" Mikael steps towards me like he's going to hug me. I step back out of his reach.

"Get the fuck out of my cabin Mikael. Unless absolutely necessary I don't want to ever see you again. That goes for you too 'brother'!" I say with derision.

In 48 hours I found a twin, a soulmate, a father, lost a soulmate,  lost a twin and father, and got an unwanted fiance. Wow. Should have stayed with the Celts.

Alex is hanging his head. It's a sight I've seen too much today. These men think women are weak but call them warriors. But they aren't warriors, they're soldiers. They just follow orders. This is pack mentality. It's gang mentality. I'm still not free. But I will be.

I watch Mikael leave. He's happy. Almost bouncing with happiness. I watch him shift and run off into the woods. As soon as he's gone Alex raises his head and eyes me angrily.

"Geez Loxley, you sure are cold. You turned your back on me so fast!" He says calmly. I watch Jesse and Vince eye Alex warily.

"Seriously!? You say you love me but want me to whore myself to save your pack! But I get it. Anything to protect your mate. She's lucky to have you. And I still love you Alex, but I no longer trust you, so please get the fuck out!" I say. Alex looks at me for a bit before breaking out into a huge grin.

"Even though I asked you to marry Jai, you still love me?" I sigh and rub at a ache that's starting in my head.

"Yes Alex, unlike other people in this area, I'm stupidly loyal. Now my head is pounding and if I need to deal with Jai soon, then I need to get some rest. Piss off!" I say and head towards my room.

"I don't want you to really marry him Lox, I just want you to pretend you're going to, so we can train you without Mikael interfering!" Alex says just as I reach my bedroom door.

"Oh thank fuck for that! I was starting to worry about you there boss!" Vince says with heartfelt relief. Jesse sinks to the couch and starts crying.

I frown at her. "Why are you crying? Look, it's cool. If you're going to freak out so hard, I'll just marry the ass. I can always make his life a misery or just kill him in his sleep. Just, you know, stop crying already!" I tell her. Tears make me real uncomfortable.

"Oh my god Loxley, you're like a fucking dude! Are you freaking out at her tears!?" Vince laughs hysterically. I give him the finger which just makes him laugh harder.

"You would really do that for me wouldn't you!?" Jesse asks.

"Well you're my twins mate. That makes you my sister. My biggest fault, I'm loyal." I shrug like it's no big deal. Jesse smiles at me.

"I'm crying in relief. I thought it was going to be my fault that you ended up with Jai. I'm so glad Alex was faking for Mikael. But now what?" Jesse asks us all.

"Now Loxley has to pretend that she's going to accept her fate, while finishing her training. We can put off the vows for a quarter. Will that be enough time to train her Vince?" Alex asks.

"Depends how much she already knows. You put up a hell of a fight against Jai earlier but he knows you can fight now, he'll be wary of you." Vince replies.