Yeah, It's Another Wolf

Written: 5/12/18

I couldn't believe my eyes...

In the darkness of the forest, where the canopy of the of the trees blocked out the sun, I was staring into the eyes of the predator. With a sleek grey fur coat, menacing claws and beautiful, almost hypnotic yellow eyes, the wolf was a frightening sight to behold.

I was crouched behind a tree helplessly. I had twisted my ankle, so I couldn't run. This beast would easily outrun me anyway, with the advantage of having four legs and stronger muscles. If only I could be as strong, as beautiful and frightening as this wolf too.

The only thing I could do was to hope that it would either spare me - unlikely, the wolf's eyes were filled with hunger - or that it would kill me quickly, so that I would feel almost no pain at all.

If it was really true that you saw visions of your life before you died, at least I would get to see my loving, compassionate mother and my brave hero that is my father before the wolf ended me.

Just as I thought over that, something in those yellow eyes changed. Instead of hunger, they now looked gentle. So maybe he would spare me then? The wolf walked slowly towards me and bent down his head towards mine, and with razor sharp teeth he started dragging me. Maybe he was taking me back to his pack...

So they could all feast on me?!

I wasn't exactly sure what the wolf's motives were, and that terrified me. My heart started pounding in my chest like a million drums. The forest was getting darker. After my run, I was so exhausted. Then suddenly everything went black...