To be a Shadow

Tower, The Last City

Descend, Warlock of the of the Last City who led the six man assault on Galhran one week ago found himself in the Annex seeking out Benedict 99-40 the shell used by Emperor Calus. Ever since the Hive Cabal hybrid fell, he found himself plagued with questions and nightmares and to avoid controversy with his master Ikora, Calus must be spoken to...

Calus/Benedict: "Ahh Descend of the Warlock tribe *shortage of Benedicts frame* why am I so lucky to have you here today?"

Descend: "I seek your audience."

Calus/Benedict: "But of course *chortle chuckle* you put an end to my what could have been plentiful Hive commander and returned my crown *slightly darker tone* whatever you ask or need I shall give it."

Descend: "What does it mean to be a Shadow? As a Warrior of the light and a servant of my people, I view the title you wish to bestow upon me...controversial."

Benedict/Calus: "To be a Shadow is more than that your false god labels with its weak g-."

Before he could finish Calus once again took control

Calus/Benedict: *boisterous laugh* "Don't mind the frame, he merely loves his Emperor and felt offended by your question, but allow me to answer wise one. To be a Shadow is a warrior by my side I hold above all others, you lead with conviction, brutality, and cunning. As a member of your Warlock tribe your skills in the arcane arts and knowledge would prove to be very useful amongst my empire."

The Warlock thought back to the demise of Val Ca'our and Gahlran

Descend: "I've slain for you or more importantly for the safety of my people though they came in line with your plans as well, *hand radiating with void energy* do you merely think of me as a pawn?"

Calus/Benedict: "I see I am aware of your strength Warlock, we have helped each other have we not? Has your services not been rewarded? You out of all those have intrigued me the most. You will, your might, and heart have all been powerful assets you use to render your enemies to cinder and ash. And that is why I called upon you once again...and you didn't disappoint."

Descend: *grunting* Yet these nightmares

Calus/Benedict: *scoffs harshly* "All conjuring's of the witch queen, whom I await the day me and her sit down amongst her throne world and converse. As long as you resist she cannot tempt you nor will you be succumbed by the deep. You analyzed the crown have you not?"

Descend remembered studying briefly the markings within the crown

Descend: "Not for too long before returning it back to you."

Calus/Benedict: "When the day comes I shall call upon you to decipher it for me and when that day comes I expect you to answer for that is when you truly become my Shadow and no longer fodder for your false god. I ask you this when will you choose your own path?"

Descend: "..."

Calus/Benedict: *laughter* Tis a joke, for you have come here a free will. The light you wield does not weigh you down from the truth you have already set in motion to seek. We will talk again my...Shadow"

Descend: "What do you mean?"

Benedict/Calus: "His holiness has left us, I recommend taking his words into consideration traveler spawn, I bid you farewell."

As if it never happened Benedict continued sweeping

Descend: "Ok Calus, I shall play your game and when the time comes you will answer to me."

Descend began to walk away and as he continued Calus became visible once more

Calus/Benedict: "O Guardian mine, you are already my Shadow whether you know it or not."