Chapter One : Anklebiters

***Hayley's POV***

"Hey nerdy, I got a B !"

Seemed like a friend of mine, Elle, called me from the back of the class. 

"Wow, that is good."

I replied.

"Well, I am super proud of myself right now because, you know, the highest that I have ever got before is a C+. I worked really hard for this one although this is just a monthly test. But, I guess you are not amazed at all-- duh."

She put a really happy expression on her face at first but then she changed it into a duck face while saying that.

"No, no. That is pretty excellent. You did really good, my dearest Elle. I am so proud of you. Definitely."

I hugged her with love. She smiled when I say how proud I was with her. That really made my heart touched. After we realized that almost the whole class were watching us hugging, we released our arms awkwardly. It was kind of embarrassing. I just hoped they did not think that we were lesbians because lots of people did. You know, high school had like a ton of paparazzi's. I was afraid if they spread a total rumor. That would be the worst thing ever that could happen in my entire life. 

"Umm, by the way, I just do not know why but I've been wondering if I should give you a challenge, a really challenging challenge. If that is really a thing but whatever."

"Try me."

"Okay, you're ready ?"

"Yes, sir. Definitely."

I put my right hand near my forehead and stood up straight - like a soldier that was ready to accept a new duty.

"How about you try not to get straight A's for the mid-term test soon ? I will salute you, totally, but only, if you get at least a B+ for one of the papers."

Was it just me or this was a very, absolutely ridiculous task ?

"Stop messing around with me!"

I am starting to do a fitful expression on my white-pale face.

"This is a really enormous mission for you, only for you, agent Hayley Williams."

At first, I thought this was just a pretty stupid little joke but Elle seemed really serious. Plus, she used the Totally Spies thingy with me. 

"You are making my anxiety level even worse. I am not kidding."

"If you are not kidding then I am the one that is kidding. Hahaha, relax, cutey little Hbomb. Don't take it too serious."

She laughed hysterically while correcting the position of my glasses.

"Oh my Lord. Stop playing around with me, young lady."

I pinched her fluffy cheeks slowly and put a not-too furious expression on my face.

-

Elle and I, as usual, walked together to go home. Sometimes, other people said that we are twins and some say we were dating because we did almost every single thing together. But for me, that was a good thing - not the dating part, obviously. I meant was the twins part because that is the meaning of friendship. True friend will be with you in every kind of situations, when you are at the top and even at the bottom.

While we were walking at the sidewalk, a group of Malibu Barbie's and Ken's walked towards Elle and I. Like in every other stories, it was definitely normal to have groups of wealthy-hot girl and guy, that always thought that they were the most perfect creatures in the entire universe.