Chapter Two : I Caught Myself

***Emma's POV***

The clock struck twelve and I thought it was time for me to stop checking my tweets. So, I put my phone on the bed-side table and pulled my high-quality soft silver blanket and my milk white comforter. As I put on my black and hot pink eyes cover, my phone rang, which was an iPhone 6 Plus- duh, of course. I immediately looked at the phone and it was Taissa. Without further ado, I answered my phone and was getting ready to question her, what the heck was she doing; calling me at midnight ?! Gosh.

"Hello, Emma."

Taissa greeted nicely.

"What ?! You're disturbing me at this very moment. Do you want to die ?! Please. Ughh."

I asked.

"Whoa, I apologize. I just want to say that..."

"That, what ?!"

"To be honest, I feel very guilty about what we had done just now."

Taissa confessed.

"Hey, since when you know the meaning of feeling sorry ?! You are just a little slut. By the way, it wasn't a big deal."

"May I remind you ? Yes, it is a big ole deal. You don't know how it feels to be alone. I'm sure if Elle agree with us, her friend, ummm, I don't know what's her name, whatever, will not have any other friends. I believe they are like sisters. I can tell by seeing them always being together."

Taissa's speech begun.

"She deserves no friend."

"Are you sure she's the one ?"

Taissa asked.

"Duh. Slay me. Of course, are you blind ?! Elle is way, way, way, way, hotter than that girl."

I answered confidently.

"Oh God, it's just so hard talking with you. Whatever. You are the queen of the world. You are right. You are never wrong."

"So, you call me, just because of this ?!"

"I'm human too. I need to confess. I can't keep everything."

"Go die !!"

I sighed and felt so unsatisfied about what Taissa just said. She was just like a little kid that needed a cuddle. Please. I did not even know how to describe my damn feeling right now. I massaged my forehead and laid on the bed and slowly drifting off to sleep.

***Elle's POV***

I could not believe what Emma just said to me this evening. She wanted me to hang out with her. That would be super cool, actually. But, I did not know if I should accept that.

I got up from laying down on my bed and sat with crossed-legs at the corner of my bed, instead. I looked at my face in the mirror and, it is just like you could expect, the talking to the mirror session begun.

What should I do ? What should I say ? Why was it bothering me ? Should I leave or should I stay with Hayley ? It was on repeat. I wanted to move on with my own life and I would not let anyone got the best of me. This was a golden chance to be with Emma and her girls. Other people - including Hayley said that they were the Plastic - just like in Mean Girls. Emma was Regina, Taissa and Quinn were Gretchen and Karen. Unfortunately, Hayley and I were Janis and Cady. I did not even know the real them. Maybe it was just a bad rumor. They seemed nice but kind of sassy. Actually, they had done a ton of pranks towards other students including me. I guessed I can avoid them by joining Emma and her buddies. To be honest, I always wanted to be friends with them. I meant like best friend forever or people nowadays call it 'BFF' and the chance was in front of me right now. I needed to join them. But I did love Hayley. I did not want to leave her alone. Oh Gosh, I was on both sides of the fence. I was afraid to tell her that I would join Emma. I always made her happy. Ummm. But I guessed it was time to make myself happy. It was not fair. It was not fair for me, basically. Hayley was big enough to take care of herself, I thought. Even though she was not a fully grown-up. Just because of this problem, I could not sleep. Too much questions. How was I going to tell her about this ?