Flourish and Blotts

As Kate stepped out of the wand shop, a strong gust of wind blew by. She was blinded temporarily by her light brown hair.

"So do you like your wand?" Newt asked.

"Of course!" Kate exclaimed as they headed down Diagon Alley.

The next place they were headed was flourish and blotts. It was an old and tall building, with a green paint job that was complemented by the grey bricks. A little bell rang as the two stepped inside. Kate stopped dead on her tracks.

"A-are you okay, Kate?"

"I've never been better!"

Kate was in awe at the amount of books surrounding her. She was peaking through every bookshelf, searching for books that piqued her interest.

"Woah, slow down! I didn't know you liked books so much!" Newt said, out of breath from running after her.

"They're amazing! It shows a glimpse into another world, a place you can go to to escape every once and awhile."

(About an hour later)-

Kate slammed down a ginormous pile of books on the counter, a mix of school books, and books to read for fun. Kate reached into her pocket after remembering that money was a thing. She went to grab money to pay, only to turn up a few coins.

"It's alright Kate, I'll pay. They don't take muggle money here anyways."

"No- I-I Don't have to get any books. You don't have to waste any mon-"

Newt stopped her. "You. Are not. A waste Kate. I care about you, and books seem to make you happy. I'll be glad to buy you some!"
"Okay." Muttered Kate.

The two left the shop, books in Newt's case, and headed off to explore the rest of Diagon Alley.