Chapter 4 - The Quarry

Bill put Ben on the back of his bike. They rode to the drug store. They parked their bikes in the back and sat Ben down. "Um, Richie and. Briana stay out here." Bill told us.

"Why me?" I asked Bill.

"Please?" He asked.

"Fine, but if he says anything, I'm coming in." I told Bill, talking about Richie. Then Bill, Stanley, and Eddie went inside.

"I'm glad I got to meet you before you died." Richie told Ben. Ben just looked at him.

"Really?" I asked Rich.

"What?" He asked.

"He's not going to die!" I told him.

"Do you need glasses? Look at him!" Richie said. Ben looked at us.

"Are you two a couple?" Ben asked.

"Ew, no." I told him.

"She wishes." Richie said.

"Stop it." I told Richie. "Why would you say that?" I asked Ben.

"I don't know, I've just read that people who like each other but don't say anything tend to fight a lot." Ben told me.

"Well, we aren't." I told him.

"Come on doll, we could, you know, while the others aren't around." Richie said. It took me a minute, but I realized what he meant.

"Andddddd, I'm out." I told him. I walked inside the drugstore. I saw Bill, Eddie, and Stanley grabbing millions of supplies. "What are you doing?" I asked them.

"W-w-were getting stuff t-to fix up B-Ben." Bill told me.

"Well duh, but, do you even know what the hell your grabbing?" I asked.

"Does it matter?" Stanley asked. I decided to go back outside. It was a circus in there, and I hate the circus. But, only because of.. well, let's not get into that. I decided I could bare Richie then be in there.

"Ah, couldn't leave me for five minutes could ya." Richie said.

"Your a hell of a lot easier to deal with then the train wreck thats happening in there." I told him. We waited another ten minutes before the boys walked out of the pharmacy with supplies. "How did you even afford all of that?" I asked them.

"We had help." Eddie told me.

"I'm not even gonna ask." I told them. Eddie started to tend to Ben.

"Just suck the wound." Richie told him.

"I need to focus right now." Eddie told him.

"You need to focus?" Richie asked.

"Yeah can you go get me something, like my bifocals?" Eddie asked. "There in my second fanny pack."

"Why do you have two fanny packs?" Stanley asked.

"Look, just get me then I have to focus." Eddie told them. I noticed Bill had went over to look at the side walk. Someone walked up to him. She looked familiar. I walked over to them.

"Hey Bill What's- oh, hey Bev." I said when I noticed the ginger.

"Hey Bree." She said. Bill started to take out his money.

"U-u-uh, Thanks." He said handing it to her. She pulled out a pack of cigs.

"Even Stevens." She said with a wink.

"Oh, so this is the help you got, I see." I said. Bev then looked over at our mess of a group. Richie, Eddie, and Stanley were fighting while Eddie was tending to Ben. I shook my head in embarrassment.