Reinforcements ~ Angst?

~TRIGGER WARNINGS~
- Sad Peter
- Mentions of Peter's Past

Enjoy!

(Third person POV)
Peter jolted awake from the sound of his alarm clock buzzing. He groaned and smashed a hand on top of the alarm clock to stop the ear-bleeding ringing. He basically rolled out of bed before walking over to his mirror. He shrugged as he took a look at his bed head, which was still as fluffy as usual. Only this time it was crazier and all over the place. After he was done with that, he trudged over to his closet and pulled on a white button-up collared shirt with a navy sweater on top. He also wore some blue jeans and the sneakers he usually wore, which were grey. He then grabbed a comb and styled his hair how it usually is, making sure it looked decent.

He came down and sat across from his Aunt May in the dining room area with a fresh pile of pancakes sitting in the middle of them on the table.

"Hey, Aunt May?" Peter asked as he scooted closer to the table in his chair.

"What's up?" She asked in return.

"Well, I kinda wanted to visit Mr. Stark in the lab today. We're working on a big project and I'm super excited about it!" He raved

May chuckled and shook her head. "If you're so excited about it, then yes. I'm not stopping you."

Peter basically bounced up and down in his seat the whole time he was eating breakfast.

(~Timeskip to after breakfast~)

(Peter's POV)
I finished my breakfast, said bye to Aunt May and then left for SI (which is short for Stark Industries in case anyone forgot or didn't know). I decided to walk there to get a little extra exercise because I dunno. I just felt like it. I haven't walked around the city like a normal civilian for a while now so it's kinda nice. Especially with a new song that I learned yesterday. It's pretty cool.

After around an hour of walking, I finally arrive and a huge grin covers my face. Today we're working more on my suit. More specifically the web shooting mechanics. It's really awesome. We might tweak it more than that either today or another day, but I wanna see how far we get today with the project.

I walk into the door and swipe my badge. FRIDAY responds with: "Peter Parker, Level 10 Alpha. Welcome back. Would you like me to inform Mr. Stark that you are here?"

"Sure thing, FRI!" I say gleefully.

It takes a few moments for FRI to say something. "Mr. Stark is busy. Would you like me to inform someone else so they can let you in?"

My smile fades slightly. Where's Mr. Stark?

"Yeah, who else is here?" I ask

"Dr. Banner, Steve, Natasha, and Wanda," FRI states.

"Notify Natasha please," I say, my grin going back to its original state. Mama Spider's here!

A few seconds later I see Mama Spider come downstairs and open up the door.

"Hi, Mama Spider!" I greet as I give her a quick hug. She's always been nice to me and we both have nicknames for each other now.

"It's nice to see you, Baby Spider. Why are you here today?" she asked, looking down at me and crossing her arms. Not in a bad way though, I can tell.

"Well it's Saturday and Aunt May has to work today, but also because Mr. Stark and I are supposed to be working on my suit today. Do you know what he's doing?" I explain, looking up at Mama Spider.

"I think he's on a phone call but he should be coming down in a couple of minutes. You seem very happy about what you're working on." She notices, giving me a small smile.

I nod quickly and she lets out a singular chuckle and shakes her head. "C'mon, Bruce and Steve are waiting for me upstairs."

I nod and head upstairs with Mama Spider. At least I'll feel more comfortable knowing that she's here with me.

As we walk into the living room that was upstairs on the second floor, I started to feel a bit uncomfortable, but my Spidey Senses did nothing so I stayed calm.

We walked inside and the two men waved at us.

"Hey, Nat. Peter." Steve said.

"Welcome back, Nat." Bruce welcomed.

I sat on the couch and politely listened along to what the others had said. Natasha was all in on the conversation. I then slowly began zoning out, letting my own thoughts consume me.

I then heard my name and snapped out of it looking at the three with a straight face and a confused look.

"Where are your parents? You've never said anything about them." Steve says.

Natasha gives them a threatening look and I smile sadly at her.

"They died in a plane crash when I was five. My aunt and uncle were my only relatives I knew after that. So that's where I live now. In my aunt's apartment."

Steve and Bruce looked at each other for a moment and then back at me.

"What about your uncle? You said you're living in your aunt's apartment, not your aunt and uncle's."

"I- uh..." I look down as tears prick my eyes.

"Got shot... three times in the chest. His last words to me were, 'with great power comes great responsibility'. Aunt May is my only living relative." I almost choke out. I let out a sniffle and breathe shakily. The room is silent. Steve speaks up.

"I'm so, so sorry Pete."

Natasha rubs my back and I start feeling a bit better. I finally say, "It's okay," and look up.

Tony walks in and I start to grin.

I jump up. "Mr. Stark! I've got some materials and the solution for the webs. All we need is to enhance the system and we're good to go!"

Bruce, Steve, and even Natasha are confused about the change of my mood so quickly, but that's fine. They'd understand if they were me. Or at least I hope they would. Eh, whatever. It's not much to worry about.

"Alright, relax kid. It's like you've just won the Nobel Prize or something." Mr. Stark jokes.

"I mean that'd be cool, but like that'll happen," I respond, shrugging a bit.

He sighs, rolls his eyes and starts picking up his things. "Let's go, kiddo."

I scramble to pick up my stuff and quickly follow him.

"Have fun, Pete!" I hear Steve say.

"Oh, don't worry. I will!"

---