Chapter 1

Alec was standing in front of the large building. He felt excited but also sad, because it was his last year in high school, but the most important reason why he was sad, is because he will graduate without his little sister. He will have his best friend, Jace and younger brother, Max by his side but he really needs Izzy. One year ago, after his parents divorce, Robert and Izzy stayed in New York, Maryse, Max and Alec came to Lima, Ohio. Max missed Izzy too but at least he had Alec, Izzy was all alone in New York and she can't visit them by her own, because she's only seventeen years old. Alec is eighteen and Max is ten.

-Earth to Alec! Are you here?-Suddenly Alec heard Jace's voice and came back to reality. Jace and Chris were standing in front of Alec for God knows how long.

-Yeah. Are we going inside or what?-He asked and looked around. Schoolyard was full of kids and they were talking, laughing, hugging. Suddenly, Alec's attention was drew by a redhead girl. She was looking at Jace and wasn't listening to another blondie.

-Clary, are you listening to me?-Sebastian asked, not really asking the question. He knew that his sister wasn't listening to him. When he realized who was her sister looking, he rolled his eyes.-Don't even think about it! Jace Herondale won't even look at you. You tried last year too.

-Thanks, Sebastian. You are the best big brother.-Clary rolled her eyes and looked at her best friend, Simon and her brother, Sebastian.

-You don't have to thank me, little sister. Mom will kill you if she finds out that you are checking out guys at the first day of the school.-Sebastian said with smirk on his face. Now Clary and Simon rolled their eyes, before Clary could say anything, Simon said.

-Okay, Then I'll tell Miss Fray that her lovely daughter was checking out girls.-He said and they started laughing. Alec looked at Jace and Chris again. they were talking about football. Alec was quarterback last year, but then he just felt like, he didn't want to play football anymore.

-Alec, I'm telling you, you have to play again this year! I will not forgive you if Salinas becomes a quarterback!-Chris said and Alec rolled his eyes.-Do not roll your eyes Lightwood! I'm serious, we almost lost 151-game winning streak because of him!

-Which means that he won't be a quarterback, coach Ladouceur won't let anyone lose the streak.-Alec tried to escape this conversation but football is everything for Chris. He thought about talking to coach yesterday and he even told Maryse about this.

-Hey guys!-Suddenly Quinn and Kaelie came from nowhere and Alec almost had a heart attack. Jace and Kaelie started kissing as soon as they saw each other, and Chris and Quinn only hugged. Which one is more normal relationship? Alec saw Santana and Brittany in front of the doors, waiting for Quinn. They were wearing their cheerleading uniforms, like Quinn. The uniform was red and white and in the middle WMHS was written. Short for their school name - William McKinley High School. Alec saw so many familiar faces in schoolyard. Like: Rachel, Finn, Kurt, Tina, Mercedes, Puck and Artie from Glee club. Everyone, especially football players were seeing them as losers, but they didn't care. They loved what they were doing - singing and dancing, and they were very talented. He also saw Philip, Lukas, Isak and Even talking and laughing about something, like everyone else. Jonathan, Bryce and Karofsky were calling them "Gay squad" or something like that. Homophobic assholes. Alec was thanking the Angel that no one in school knew that he was gay. It would destroy his life, like more that it already is.

-Is this a new girl?-Alec asked when he saw a girl with long hair standing alone in corner.

-Yes, as much as I know, her name is Hannah Baker.-Salinas said and high fived Chris. Just because Chris said that he doesn't want Salinas to become quarterback doesn't mean that they hate each other. Chris, Salinas and Jace are best friends since second grade. Only Jace noticed Alec when he came to school last year and thanks to him, Alec made a lots of new good friends.

-She's pretty.-Chris said and when he saw Quinn's face, added.-Not as pretty as you. Now let's go inside or your girls will kill me.

-I have to go, Meliorn texted that he needs me. See you at lunch.-Kaelie told Jace and after kissing him again, she went to see her friend. When they started walking to the entrance, Alec noticed another new kid and his breath was taken away.