Bumping Into You

Perhaps I should've said something.

I hid behind the grey cupboard, sneakily taking glances at the teacher (who was gossiping with a fellow teacher).

Unfortunately, I had been the first one to come back from the exam (which explained the empty classroom). However History was boring so why would I want to go to class, not to mention the awkward vibe which accompanies the room at all times. As a result, I hid behind the towering cupboard so the teacher would still think I'm in the exam. My height was not a problem perhaps being 5'2 (and a half) can be very useful.

I make sure the cupboard covers me fully but I'm too consumed in my thoughts to notice your curious figure open the door.

I face you with a goofy smile thinking that you're my friend. But I'm mistaken, so badly mistaken. I don't even notice my mistake until I took a second glance and shit myself because it had to be you who saw my back pressed against a grey cupboard with a mischievous grin painted on my face. Out of everyone, it had to be you.

My cheeks flamed red. I hadn't even realised that I was staring at you, I was so caught up by your ethereal state. The sun gleamed through the window and formed a little spotlight to hover over you like a halo. I could see stars in your eyes and glimpses of galaxies as the sun gleamed an illusion of stardust floating around you. I was entranced by your beauty. Even your stoic expression was a thing of art.

I don't believe in love at first sight. It goes against my morals. How can you fall in love with someone you don't know? But on that day, for you, I broke everything I've been taught. I broke society teachings. I broke my morals. I followed my heart completely disregarding any rebuttal from my head. I went with the romance books and the movies, hoping for a fairy tale of my own.

Time slowed down, just for you. Words were stuck at my throat. I couldn't say a thing. You took my breath away and you didn't even know it. My heartbeat zoomed past the speed limit yet you didn't even realise the impact you left me. I was infatuated.

Everything slowed down, when you took a glance it probably lasted a second. But for me it lasted 5 minutes. It was as though Time had taken a break to give me this chance and I was ever so grateful. 

Your gaze was so powerful and left an impact but you were merely passing a glance. To you it was nothing yet for me it was everything and more. Look at me go on and on when I'm sure you do not feel the same way. But here is my heart playing a difficult game. You glanced at me again noticing my focused vision had been planted on you. I couldn't have been more obvious, yet I held my shit together and pretended to act cool. I could've started conversation. I could've talked about the test we had previously finished. But these only entered my mind when I was recalling these moments with a friend. You probably wouldn't have said anything any way. Maybe a shrug of your shoulder or just flat out ignoring me. You aren't one to mingle with strangers as I had tried to do previously.

I think you finally established that I exist. But have you put a name to a image? Probably not.