🌵 Chapter Five 🌵

"Is your head feeling any better?"

Todoroki was leaned against Bakugou, watching him scroll through Instagram on his phone. The two were stretched out on the bed waiting for the afternoon as that would be the optimal time to go to the park.

"It's not as bad as when I woke up. I'll survive." Bakugou was still a little red at feeling of Todoroki's shoulder pressing against his own.

Todoroki glanced at the window. The slight tone of orange caught his eye. "We can finally leave. I hate staying in a small room for so long." He stood up, putting on the jacket he had worn last night.

Bakugou groaned and stood up. His movement were still a bit slurred, which Todoroki noticed. "If you don't have the energy to go-"

Bakugou gabbed onto Todoroki's shirt and leaned into his face. "I'm going on this date with you... whether you like it or not."

Todoroki rested his hand on Bakugou's soft cheek, smiling down on him. He ran his free hand through blond tuffs of hair reassuringly. He scratched behind Bakugou's ear. Todoroki could have sworn he heard purring from Bakugou.

"Tch. Half N' Half-"

"I'll cut you off this time. Call me Shoto?" Bakugou stared at him, red dampening into his skin. "As much as I love the other nicknames you have for me, I think you should call me Shoto."

"Okay. So you can call me Katsuki... Shoto."

Subtle light caught his eyes, giving Todoroki a chance to recollect himself and start out the door. The light from his tag faded away to reveal a six. Bakugou celebrated and followed Todoroki out of his bedroom, then to the front door. Bakugou pulled the door open and the bright pinks in the sky hit his skin. The sight stole Todoroki's composure away from him.

He had already known he was in love, but now it was hitting him that Bakugou actually loves him too. Why else would he go on this date with Todoroki?

He would've contemplated more on the subject, but Todoroki was pulled out of his thoughts when something grabbed his hand. No, not grabbed. Bakugou was trying to interlock their fingers subtly. Todoroki smirked while he let Bakugou lace their fingers together.

They walked to the park hand in hand. The two got a few looks, but most people were curious about Bakugou's cat like appearance rather than their relationship. They were both comfortable enough to let people see it. Bakugou's family has always been very supportive of him. Todoroki, being the number one hero's son, would surely show up in the news sometime soon. He didn't mind though. Worst case scenario is that his dad isn't happy with it.

Todoroki would have passed it up, but Bakugou stopped at the ice cream truck sitting near the park. Shining. He was done to five. He got two cones.

"If you don't want it, I'd be happy to eat it," Bakugou's hand squeezed Todoroki's, "Shoto."

"It's fine. Thank you, Katsuki."

The pair was too distracted to see the shine of his tag, but Katsuki's collar was now down to four.

Todoroki pulled Bakugou onto the path that snaked around and under all the beautifully dimming trees. They must've spent a few minute wondering around before running into an elderly woman who was crying.

"Hey, lady. Why are you upset?"

The woman looked up at Katsuki with a glint in her eyes. It had been a while since someone had wanted to help her. She talked about how her grandchildren didn't want to visit her anymore.

Todoroki didn't catch most of the conversation. But apparently Bakugou had caught on just fine.

"Just tell LiAnne she can open up to you if she needs to. I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding." Bakugou pulled the little lady into a hug.

There was shining. He was down to a three on his collar.

The woman ran off to take Bakugou's advice and the two continued on the path. Bakugou had already wrapped their hands together again. He stopped for a second and picked up a twenty dollar bill. Looking around, neither of them saw anyone around who could've dropped it. Bakugou just pocketed it and they moved on.

Only half way through the trail they found a man sleeping on a bench. Bakugou took the twenty dollar bill out and slid it into the man's bag. He smiled to himself before continuing with Todoroki.

Shining. He was down to two already.

They talked and laughed together. Todoroki wasn't shocked by Bakugou's actions. He knew deep down he cared so much about everyone and anyone.

"Oh darn! I lost the twenty. I guess you'll have to wait a little longer for your present sweetheart. We just can't afford it right now."

An man and his daughter were walking the path the opposite way they were. Bakugou whipped around.

"Hey!" He grabbed his wallet, praying he had a twenty dollar bill. He did. "I found this on the sidewalk. I think it's yours." He handed him the twenty. The man's eyes were filled with gratitude and his daughter was jumping from joy. They thanked him and continued on their way.

Shining. He was down to one.

Todoroki threw an arm over him as they turned around to keep going. "Are you getting cold?"

"A little. I can manage with your arm over me, I think."

Todoroki chuckled and turned onto an emptier path. He helped Bakugou step over some bushes and they walked a little more until they reached a small pond with a little waterfall making soft, comforting noises. Todoroki plopped down on the wooden bench overlooking the sight. Bakugou sat down and cuddled up to him.

Bakugou was blushing with Todoroki's arm draped over him. He looked up at him.

"Shoto?"

"Yes, Katsuki?"

Bakugou blushed harder, but continued.

"Have you ever kissed anyone?"

Todoroki smiled and laid his free had against Bakugou's jaw. "Not really. Why?" Bakugou looked away from him. "Would you like to kiss?"

Bakugou nearly jumped off the bench. He put his hand over the one on his jaw. "Well... I mean, yeah."

Todoroki's heart was beating out of his chest, but he kept a straight face as he lifted Bakugou's chin and leaned slowly forward.

Their lips met.

Bakugou closed his eyes. Todoroki was blushing softly when he leaned back slightly. Bakugou was happy to see that when his eyes fluttered back open. But why was looking at his ears?

Bakugou reached up to feel them, only to be met with his hair. He almost cut his neck open while scraping to see if his collar was still there.

"A true love's kiss?" Todoroki teased before closing the space between them again.