trece | drive

"Alright, we're setting a couple of ground rules first." 

Louis was turned all the way around, peering at Prince Antonio and I in the backseat. Isabel at the helm and at the passenger seat was anxiously tugging and pulling at the ends of her hair and biting her lip. She looked like she might hurl any second. 

"First and foremost," Louis cleared his through, and smiled. "Welcome to Louis Airlines, I am honored to be your pilot and captain for this journey — ow!" 

Isabel gently raised a fist and punched his shoulder. 

"Anyways, I am more than happy to accompany the Spanish heir to the throne, but not without establishing some ground rules. Now this baby here was borrowed from my uncle, and still is.He is not kind to crumbs being left on the floor or any scuff marks on the leather interior. Of course, Prince Antonio can control the music — I'll make an exception this time. Any song requests before we leave?" 

We all turned to the look at the pale faced, blue-eyed Prince. 

"Um, do you have any... Childish Gambino?" 

Isabel's mouth dropped. I raised an eyebrow. Louis blinked slowly, before cracking up into laughter. 

Prince Antonio grimaced, "Did I say anything wrong? Do American exchange students not prefer him?" His sharp Spanish accent cut through, as he looked genuinely concerned. 

"N-no, we just... were not expecting you to say that," I explained. 

"What were you expecting? I've partied with him once, he's a good friend," Antonio shrugged nonchalantly. 

Now it was Louis' turn for his mouth to drop, and Isabel's eyes glazing over ever so slightly in disbelief. 

I cleared my throat, "Well then, I can definitely queue it up for you." 

This is normal. Sitting beside the Royal Heir to the Spanish throne in a backseat was super casual. 

"Excellent," Antonio's corner of his mouth perked up before he shook on a pair of ridiculously matte sunglasses, no doubt more expensive than this car alone. He suddenly rolled up the sleeves of his hoodie and leaned forward with an air of importance. "I have rules of my own, if you don't mind. If you all need refreshments, just please consult with me before stopping anywhere. As I'm sure you are aware, everyone is on the hunt for me right now, so I would appreciate it if you wouldn't Insta anything or Tweet anything right now. Once I'm on the jet to the Americas, then you can publicize everything — but I honestly don't know if that's even a smart move, considering la policia might have some questions for you." 

Isabel gasped, "Wait, what?" 

Antonio waved a hand, "They're harmless. But again, entonces, I stress the importance of secrecy on this trip, por favor." 

I nodded, making eye contact. "You have nothing to worry about. We want you to get back safe, and in six hours, it'll all be over and done with. Simple as that." I offered a weak, half-hearted smile, but alas, we are all already in the car — we were knee deep in an aiding-and-abetting-a-royal-kidnapping at this point. 

But I inhaled. Surely, this ran in my blood — right? 

* * * 

It was less than twenty minutes after we started driving from our dormitories that Louis had to go urinate. 

"Must we stop?" Antonio cracked an anxious brow, tilting down his matte black shades. 

Louis was practically shaking in his seat. "I wasn't expecting to go so soon, but I have been having problems lately in my bowels, and I just downed an energy drink —"