Chapter 2

Xehanort ringed out a small cold we towel and placed it on Eraqus' forehead. Eraqus sighed in relief once the cold towel touched his skin. Turning his head to Xehanort as he smile. That smile made Xeha feel a little more at ease now that he knew his friend was going to be alright. 

"Thank you."

"You're welcome era."

Xehanort quickly said back as he moved the bucket full of cold water out of his way. He sat down on the bed next to eraqus and placed his friend's hand in his own. 

"Master is he going to be ok?" Xehanort and Eraqus look towards their master. His master sat on a wooden chair with a few different bottles of medicine and pouring one of them into a spoon.

"He'll be just fine. he'll just need to stay in bed for a few days."

His grip tightened. Eraqus looked back at xehanort.

"I'll be fine xeha, i'll be better before you know it."

Xeha was able to push his worried thoughts to the back of his mind, and once again he felt comfort from his bright smile.

"Alright eraqus, this is the last on you'll need to take."

" Ok."

Their master leaned over eraqus holding a spoon in on hand with the other hand under the spoon. Eraqus opens his mouth playfully.

"Ahh."

The medicine slowly poured into his mouth and down his throat. The taste was tangy and bitter. He tightly shut his eyes and quickly swallowed the weird tasting liquid. Afterwards he began to cough. His master placed the silver spoon onto the nightstand in front of him while xehanort help eraqus sit up as he patted and rubbed his back

" You ok?"

" *cough* yeah, i'm ok."

Gently laying him back down onto his comfortable bed sheets and pillow.

"Alright the medicine should start taking effect soon. If you take this medicine for the next few days every 4 hours this sickness should be gone in 5 to 6 days."

"Ok. Thank you master."

" No need to thank me, I'm just doing what is best for my students."

Collecting all the bottles of medicine and began to make his leave.

"Alright eraqus, get some rest."

"Yes master."

" Thank you master for helping him."

A soft smile grew on his face as he stood in the door way.

" Goodnight." The door was softly shut behind him. There was a long moment of silence before xehanort let a sigh escape his lips.

"Xehanort?"

"Hmm?"

"Thanks, for checking up on me. I owe you one."

"No problem, i'm actually glad i did. If hadn't you would still be laying here suffering."

"Hehe i would have been fine."

"But when i saw you, you looked like you were. . ."

"What, dying?"

". . ."

"It's ok, i'll be fine. like master said it's just a cold."

Xehanort's gaze was to the floor and away from his friend. Eraqus sits up on his own not with to much of a struggle. Both of his hands are cupping his friend's hand in his own.

"I'm sorry for being so worried. You're...my best friend...my......only friend and it's just you've been sick so much lately." He struggled just to say it out loud, to admit it. That he had a friend and that he cared so much for him.

"My bad, i didn't mean to worry you."

"No, it's not your fault. iv'e just been wondering what's the cause of it."

"Now that you mention it, i can't think of what it could be."

"Maybe every time we got outside you never wash your hands."

"Hey, i wash my hands...all the time."

Xehanort stared at him with blank expression of disbelief. Soon an eyebrow raise followed. Eraqus crossed his arms and rose his shoulders, slightly pouting.

"What,... i forget sometimes..."

His expression changed only slightly. A small smirk began to show. Eraqus saw his expression and how it looked so weird, it was rare to see him smile but he thought it was kinda cute. Once again it grew silent in the slightly lit room.

"Sigh it's really late, we should get back to sleep."

He was right it was pretty late but a thought came across his mind. The color of pink sprinkled across his cheeks. 

"W-well since you're not feeling well, maybe...i could...sleep in here......with you, just to make sure you're ok for the night."

Xehanort sat there a blushy mess trying not to let eraqus see. Eraqus blinked a few times, thinking about the idea until he shrugged. 

"Eh, why not."

Xehanort looked back at eraqus in shock and this time the blush was worse then before. He answered so quickly.

"R-really, you're really ok with me sleeping in here... w- with you."

"Sure, if you're really that worried about me and you want to make sure i'll be ok for the night i'm not stopping you."

"O-ok."

Xehanort sat there for a few seconds before standing up from the bed and walks around to the right side of the bed. leaning slightly, he pulled the on the string turning off the lamp. He sat down on the right side. Lifting his feet off the floor and onto the bed. Pulling the sheets out from under him and covered himself. He sat there awkwardly in the dark. He was so nervous to lay down with him.

"Hey xeha,...you ok?"

Eraqus  had already covered himself and got comfortable when he had noticed that xehanort was just sitting there like a weirdo.

"Uh i'm fine."

"... Is that how you sleep in your bed, you're weird."

He grew embarrassed by his comment and began blushing again.

"W-what no, i'm fine just trying to get comfortable, that's all."

"Ok~." He said. even though it was dark he could hear he smile in his voice. Xehanort finally laid down next to eraqus, feeling him so close made his face a darker shade of red. He was lucky the lights were off so eraqus couldn't make fun of him. Eraqus starts to fidgets around for a little bit.

"Alright goodnight."

"G-goodnight."

  He laid there for a while just staring at the ceiling until finally he felt the sleepiness start to kick in. His eyelids grew heavy. He didn't fight it, he allowed his eyes to close and he drifted off to sleep.