Chapter 2

"Come visit okay?" Grammy said and hugged me one last time. "I'll make sure of that." I then smiled and clutched my belongings tighter. I waved at my grandmother who was standing on her doorstep, waving with a such sweet smile.

I went to find a cab and luckily, there was one this early.

The driver stopped his vehicle in front of my form and went out. "Let me get those, miss." I gave him my things and he piled them in the trunk.

I waited for him to finish and went inside the car. "Where are you heading miss?" He tilted his head and looked at me. "Um.....Can you take me to Evertale Apartments in Seoul?" The driver nodded and started to drive.

Earlier before sleeping yesterday, your grandma gave you full access to her apartment near some big companies. Perfect.

.......

The ride was pretty gruffly and uncomfortable since you slept late last night and woke up in early dawn. You tried to make yourself comfortable but you couldn't. You rest your head on the seat's head board. You heavily sighed.

.......

"Miss? Miss? Are you awake? Miss, we're here."

You woke up to a raspy middle-age voice coming from the cab driver. You opened and squinted your eyes from the brightness. You yawned, sounding like a small child's voice. "A-are we already here?" You, being you, flatly asked the driver. "Uh, yes." You looked outside and saw the signage of the apartment buildings.

Evertale Apartments.

You got out from the cab and spread your arms wide. It was already 10 and the sun isn't really that up. The driver went out and started to take out your stuff.

Once he was done,you paid him with the money your grandma gave you also. Spoiled? Well yes. But never boasted.

You heavily sighed and went inside the expensive-looking building.

The lobby was ginormous. Painted with light colors of blue and turquoise. Elegant golden swirling patterns matched up. Huge crystals of chandeliers circling the huge space. It was like a castle yet in modernization. People talking elegantly to each other somewhat businessmen. You were shocked in awe. I am filthy rich. Gyumri thought in such please.

Without thinking twice, Gyumri went to the receptionist. "Welcome to Evertale Apartments. How may I help you?" The lady in the lobby desk gave a delighted smile. "Um. I was actually Jung Sangmi's grand daughter and she called your office last night for her reserved apartment here." I explained. "Ah, okay miss. Please wait." She was concentrating on her computer and then turned back at me and smiled. "Please wait miss. I will get the the passcode and key if any certain inconvenience to your apartment." And she bowed with respect.

You tapped your fingers on the wooden desk, waiting for her the receptionist to come back. As if someone hearing your thoughts, the lady came back. "Sorry the inconvenience. Your apartment room will be in the VVIP floor, the 25th floor. RM no. 453." She informed. "Thank you." And she bowed. You took the key and paper from her grasp gently and bowed at her. You looked at the paper in your hold and looked at the printed notice, rules and your passcode. 802506

You then found the elevator and pressed the 25th floor.

But before the doors went fully shut, a hand stopped it in the middle and made the door wide open again. Fully aware of what's happening, your gaze at your apartment passcode went to the direction of the owner of the hands. A man's hand.

A tall man then went inside. He was wearing a black tuxedo unbuttoned matching with his dark brown hair. He glanced at me for a bit and looked at the buttons. His sharp jawline, his flawless skin and his sharp nose bridge seems so familiar.

He tried to press the 25th button but immediately realize he was going at the same floor.

The doors then closed.

Our breathings were the only sounds that are heard due to the eerily silent ride. It was awkward and the tension was so thick, a butter knife was needed. I glanced over the tall man once a while.

He then spoke, "Do I know you Miss? You seem to recognize me. Am I really that famous?" He mumbled the last part and then smirked. Damn, my pride just got hurt. His deep voice made you fall into a deep abyss and was dark as midnight. "No." The simplest reply I could say. Well,he does look familiar but no certain thoughts would envade your mind about him.

You both didn't realize after all that exchanging powerful gazes you return to each other, you were already in your floor. You went out first with your fists full of your things and went away.

The man then exited the elevator and looked at your walking figure. "We meet again, Jung Gyumri." The man then went through the long hallway were the girl walked which were his apartment stood.

He watched you opening the apartment door next to his with difficulty. You did exceed with your heavy luggages. After a minute or two, you then accomplished typing your code and went inside your apartment without even noticing your neighbor.

"So we're neighbors now? Huh. Didn't even know she is that rich to be in the VVIP floors."

......

"Wah." That's all you could say. You couldn't express how you feel after looking at the place you got just now. So expensive. Gyumri thought in bewilderment. You explored the house holding each stuff made out of money.

You then found the master's bedroom and plopped yourself into it. The soft mattress dug down with your body. You could sleep in a minute with this. Gyumri thought again. She may come from a rich family but she couldn't have the best from her parents. Yeah, yeah. She is spoiled with her grandparents but she insists everything they'd give if they were expensive or not.

You stood up from were you laid back and went to the living room. You sat on the couch and fish your phone out.

"Grammy?" You started after your grandmother picked up. "Did you like it there?" You muffled a 'yes'. "Thank you so much, Grammy. I really owe you one." On the other side, your grandma laughs at your childish behavior. You were always like that. "Okay, well rest up. You're journey there is tiring." You sighed and smiled after. "Okay, Grammy. Bye. I love you." "I love you too." She then ended the call few seconds later. You thought about finding a job and your résumés. Nah, I'll do it later.

You, being a child, plopped herself into the couch and comfily laid back.

A new start to a new beginning.

-

Vote
Comment
And Follow

1st QOTD:

"What is the first Kpop group you knew without knowing their band name?"

A: Mine was 2ne1. It was their '21' era. It was a bop but I didn't knew about them.