Chapter III

Remus left the hospital wing a few days later feeling better than when he went in and hoped to get back to normal

Remus left the hospital wing a few days later feeling better than when he went in and hoped to get back to normal. However, his mind never settled back into the regular school routine. He was losing focus in class, he couldn't spell properly and he laid wide awake each night unable to sleep.

His mind was filled with so many questions about the boys' experience and the random girl. Where had he heard her name before? It really irked him that he couldn't quite place his finger on it. He wracked his brain, tugging at his hair one night whilst the room was filled with snores from his dorm mates. Avyanna Morrigan. What a beautiful name. He thought.

Unable to force himself to get some sleep without the prospect of having to knock himself out, Remus leaned over to Peter's bedside table and snatched the folded piece of parchment.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good," he murmured lowly, tapping his illuminated wand onto the folds.

Like a tree sprouting leaves, ink gradually rose onto the surface and granted him the power to see everything in the castle. All except the room of requirement. Perhaps that's where she goes. He must have spent a good solid hour or two studying the map, his eyes picking apart each droplet of ink hoping that they would fall upon the one belonged to the mysterious girl. Everyone seemed to be tucked up in their dormitories, no movement at all, not even from the caretaker and his furry companion. Not a flicker.

Maybe she needs encouragement?

Remus slipped on his shoes, forgetting about socks and tying his laces. Pulling on a sweater, possibly his, possibly not, it was not a matter he cared for at the time. He peeped across the room, and found nobody awake, thankfully all remained in their respected beds and were snoring the night away without a hint of knowledge about his upcoming search around the castle in the dead of the night.

It wasn't difficult to get out of the Gryffindor tower unnoticed thanks to James' invisibility cloak that he had acquired just seconds before he left the dormitory. Not only was it light and worked like a treat, but it kept him rather warm as the bitter nights air settled within the castle walls. He liked to think he was logical and planned exactly where he was going, but that would not be strictly true. Instead, Remus found himself wandering around the corridors idly, not having an exact plan as to where he was going or where he was end up; only one goal in mind and that was to see whether he could lure Avyanna Morrigan into his sight.

Remus approached the passage where the boys reportedly encountered Morrigan and he sat down. The cloak remained over him, concealing his body from sight but not drowning out his voice. The night was silent, the total opposite to the full moon where his howls could be heard for miles; only tonight was there the odd hoots from the owlery but nothing too loud that it could surpass the silence that filled the castles thick stone walls. The one-eyed witch statue was pressed against his back and he was tapping the tip of his wand on his knee lightly as he waited for any sign of movement.

Nothing happened.

It didn't seem as if anything would, therefore Remus took matters into his own hands a little more. "Hello, Avyanna Morrigan, that is if you can hear me. My name is Remus Lupin." He spoke quietly, but articulate enough for anyone to hear. "Now, I'm not sure if you are even there or if you can hear me or even if you would want to hear me but just know that... well, I'm here."

Remus sighed, he didn't know what exactly he was doing sitting there. The likelihood of him evening hearing a scuffle of her footsteps was slim so to actually meet her or see her was even smaller. But what he also was not aware of was the cloned figure just behind the wall that stood behind the statue. Leaned against the wall, the cloaked figure listen to the boy ramble on about why we was there and then the silence fell. He didn't speak again, only the sound of his breathing was heard that allowed them to know that he was still there.

The name he uttered, they had not heard in a long time, they were not there long enough to hear James, Sirius and Peter say it earlier that week. It felt strange, to hear each syllable roll of the tongue after so long. It almost felt unnatural, like it was only made up there and then. It sounded wrong on many levels.

It angered them. How dare he say that name! Reaching their hand out of the wall they flicked their wrist and off came the cloak, revealing the tall, scarred, blonde boy. Remus jumped in shock and snapped around, standing up but hiding behind the statue, only his head poking around from it. He was too slow to catch sight of the hand and only the wall was before his eyes.

"I'm sorry if I have offended you in any way. I just want to talk to you." He said, his voice wavering ever so slightly. His head dropped when he didn't receive any other kind of response after that. "Please." He merely muttered as he clumped up the cloak in his hands.

They watched as the boy turned to leave, he said a simple goodbye and draped the cloak over himself once more and was soon gone. Hopefully for good. They didn't want him to say the name ever again. He needed to leave them alone and never come back to the statue.