Prologue- Rewritten

Hey everyone! I'm so excited to be rewriting this story for you all. I'm not sure if I clarified originally, but Sang is 18 in this. Also for any new readers, this story is based on The Vampire Diaries, so most of the characters will be in her, but some things I changed. Mates are a thing and they all are going to have some sort of ability.
Hope you guys enjoy!
Sang's POV

Life couldn't be better for me and my boys. About eight months ago, things had wrapped up at Ashley Waters. Since then I've moved out of my house and currently I'm living with the boys.

We ended up getting a house together and it's been great. For the most part.

When they told me they wanted to share me, I had many doubts. Not because I didn't care for all of them, but I didn't think I was good enough.

     It hasn't always been easy since then. There's been some moment of jealousy and miscommunications, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I'm happy with them.

     The boys and I also came to the agreement that I would undergo some therapy before joining the Academy.

      That hasn't been easy either.

       It has been beneficial, but I've had to deconstruct everything I learned from my stepmom and also come to terms with the fact that what she did to me was abuse, plain and simple.

      It was hard, opening up to a stranger about my life and my emotions. Sometimes I preferred just pretending to be happy and not upsetting anybody with how I felt about certain things. But I have tried my best to be more open and honest with the people in my life.

       Sometimes therapy would leave me upset or moody afterwards, but the boys have been there with me every step of the way.

Our relationship has been moving slowly, which they understand. It is not because of any lack of faith in them or our relationship. We go on dates and I make it a point to let them know how much I love them. Intimacy is something I struggle with, but it's another thing I've been working on.

They are working on themselves as well, in different aspects. Owen has had the problem of not being as open with me or his brothers. Nathan struggles with jealousy the most. Gabriel has his moments of jealously as well, but his self-esteem is very low. That's just to make a few.

Currently, we are all hanging out in our living room. It's the first time we have all been together in one place like this in a few weeks to just have fun, due to all the guys having assignments. Even when we're all busy, we make sure we have our quality time together.

     The guys had all groaned when Meanie had suggested it, but after I stuck my lip out, they had all agreed. I'm currently dwarfed in the middle of Silas and North, but with the way these guys play, I know I would not be there for long.

"Oy fuckers, who's going first?" my Meanie yelled.

"Well, Mr. Colema-", Owen starts before noticing my glare. "I mean Gabriel, I believe since it was your suggestion, you should be the one to go first."

"Well don't mind if I fucking do. Trouble! Truth or dare?" He asks with a mischevious look in his eyes. I know I am going to regret my answer before I even say it. As I was going to tell him that I pick dare, the power goes out. Everybody groans at the disruption, but I can't help but feel a little uneasy.

North, seems to somehow sense it. He lowers down and whispers, "Don't worry baby, it's just a power outage."

Kota gets up, stating that he is going to check to see what's wrong. As soon as he stepped forward, the front door was broken down.

I can't help the scream that comes out, until it catches in my throat and I can't continue.

     I can barely make out the figures that make their way through the doorway and into the house.

      North grabs me and moves out of the way. I can't tell exactly what happens, and then a thick gas seems to fill the room.

      I start coughing, and I hear the others follow.

       Then everything goes black.