Story 1

"Tum yeh goli khao gi to inshallah is dafa bacha thehernay main asani hogi, bholna mat!" Zubiya told the 17 year old young girl in front of who was still a shy newly wed and had recently undergone a miscarriage. Zubiya had gently encouraged her to wait a while before getting pregnant again however after working in this valley for the past 3 years; Zubiya had learnt a few things about societal and cultural norms. So, she did her best in helping the women here maintain good health, pregnancies etc while also educating them about healthy lifestyle practices. She had acquired this trait from her mother, " always focus on making small changes instead of trying to tackle the elephant in the room in one go" she smiled thinking about her mother. As a young kid zubiya had imagined her Abbi as the Elephant in the room' and it had always made her laugh but as she grew up, she realized how her mother was always doing little things to make life at home easier for her and Rehan bhai. "Ping" her phone beeped demanding her attention. She looked at the phone and realized it was her 1:40pm reminder that she had set this morning so she quickly started wrapping up. After checking in with the nurses and letting them know she was heading out, she started walking towards Dr. Asfandyar's room.

Come in she heard Asfandyar say as she knocked. Zubiya walked in "Good afternoon Dr. Shahroz and Dr. Asifa" she smiled at them."Arey Zubiya, kaisi ho?" Dr Asifa asked her affectionately while Dr. Shahroz flashed her a big smile. He was in deep discussion with Dr. Asfand.

Dr. Asfand looked up and drank in her form; she was wearing a peach chikankari suit with peach shalwar and had paired it, oddly enough, with a bright blue dupatta-two colours he wouldn't necessarily put together but after knowing her for 3 years he had realized that only she can come up with these colour combinations and pull them off so effortlessly. Yes!Effortelessly! That is what she was; effortlessly stunning! Her face was devoid of any make up but the natural pink of her cheeks matched her outfit. She had kajal and mascara on which made her impossibly big eyes even bigger...if that was even possible. Her lips had the slight remainders of some pink/red colour she may have put on in the morning however it was almost gone now because of the several cups of chai she drank at work. Her hair was parted in the middle and some rebellious tendrils had managed to escape and were now showing off their escape by dancing around her delicate features.

She looked at him and held his gaze for a second before cheerfully turning towards Dr Asifa "Main theek hon, ap logon ka safar kaisa tha? Mujhe kyon nahi bataya ap agaye hain wapis she pouted and complained and gave Dr. Asifa a big hug. "Tumhein batatey to tum hamarey ghar ki safayi or khana pakaney main lag jati, mujhe pata tha tum hospital main busy hogi. We got back this morning and I had to touch base with Asfand, we will be heading home soon to sleep, don't worryDr. Shahroz said to her smiling as she sat down and he patted her head. He returned to his conversation with Asfand while Dr. Asifa started talking to Zubiya "Ghar per sab kaisey hain?,Karachi jana howa" "Sab theek hain Allah ka shukar hay or Karachi ka plan bus bana rahi hon meri chutti confirm ho jaye " Zubiya responded while eyeing Dr Asfand from the corner of her eyes who was too engrossed in his conversation with Dr. Shahroz. Dr Asifa smiled and asked with her eyes twinkling " arey haan, husband kaisa hay ajkal tumhara?" Asfnad's ears perked up at her husband's mention but he continued his conversation with Dr. Shahroz and pretended not to pay attention."Ap sahi kehti theen, these men I SWEAR! Sarey ek jaisey hotey hain, meray bhi waisey he hain, moody and obsessed with work. Ap ko pata hai meri unsey kal sey baat nahi hui hai who kaam main itney busy hain key main yaad he nahi. Unka pehla, dosra, teesra sara pyar kaam sey hua hai, mera number to shayad 4th ya 5th hay if I am lucky">Dr. Asifa let out a big laugh at her rant "Tum itni pyari ho, tumhein koi kaisey ignore karey ga "I concur"Dr. Shahroz interjected while standing up. "No sane man will ever forget his wife and will do everything in his power to show her that there is nothing else on his mind but her" He said as he winked at Asfand. Dr. Asifa got up with him and they both said their good byes after giving her hugs and Asfand followed them to walk them out while Zubiya leaned on his table facing the door scrolling through her phone. She looked up as she heard the door click. She had not realized that he had returned to the room and had closed and locked the door.