Story 2: Part II

A/N: So I know I said all of the one shots will be unrelated to each other but this one continues from the 2nd oneI wanted to carry on the dinner scene in their home since Faryal is still her lol. Hope you enjoy it!

Don't forget to give your feedback

Dinner in the Usman house was a full-house this evening. The house was filled with colleagues from the Peshawar hospital; Faryal was there Dr. Shahroz and Dr. Asifa had not arrived yet. Lubna loved the noise and the chaos that came with house parties. She was busy instructing the house staff and making sure all the dinner arrangements are going smooth. Usman and Gaiti were busy entertaining the guests; not to forget keeping an eye on the forever-moving Saim.

That is until Dr. Haroon arrived. Dr H: Heyyy champ!

S: Hi Haroon uncle, want to see the new game I downloaded on Mama's phone?

Dr H: "How about you bring me a ball and I score 10 goals on you" Dr. Haroon said patting his head. Dr. Haroon started going around greeting everyone when Saim found him again, this time with a ball.

Dr. H: "BRING IT ON" as Saim started tugging his hand and pulled him to the garden. Dr. H caught Gaiti's eyes just as he was stepping outside. She mouthed a "Thank you"...

It was moments like these that always assured him that he wanted to be a part of their joys and sorrows; he wanted to take the load off Gaiti. He wanted to be the one to hold Saim's hand as he navigates through the world.

Faryal watched Asfi and Zubiya coming down; her in the front, him a step behind her with his right hand on her lower back. Zubiya was wearing a lilac kameez with intricate embroidery and white tulip shalwar. Her dupatta was soft net in lilac. She had diamond studs in her ears and antique kangans on her wrists. She had subtle make-up on and her hair was down. She was not too made up yet looked every inch the bahu of an influential family that she was. "That suit is definitely designer, probably something Chachi jan bought her, it's too classy for Zubiya", Faryal told herself as she watched them.

Asfi said something to Zubiya as they got to the last step, she looked up at him and flashed him a big smile before walking towards the kitchen. Asfi smiled and started walking towards his guests.

The hustle bustle of the house was at its' peak. The men were busy talking latest advancements in renal replacement therapy while the ladies of the house were busy prepping the food to be served. Faryal walked in the kitchen where Zubiya was helping Lubna and Gaiti.

F: Zubiya tumhara outfit bahut khoobsurat hai, konsey designer ka hai?

Z: Pata nahi, mujhe Rehan Bhai ney Karachi sey bheja hai. (Yes HER family)

F: Or yeh kangans

Z: yeh meri ammi ke thay.

Faryal could not hide her shock "Karachi ka hai, tabhi main kahon itney khoobsurat cheezain is village main kahan

Gaiti watched Zubiya open her mouth to say something before closing it again. Gaiti knew how much Zubiya respected and admired the culture, crafts and the people here, but she also knew Zubiya picked her battles and now was not the time.

"Zubiya dekho tumhare guests agaye" they heard Usman say from outside. Zubiya walked out to see Dr. Asifa and Dr. Shahroz talking to her husband and father in law. "Isney bulaya to sirf Asifa ko tha, main to aisey he tag along karta howa aya hon" Dr. Shahroz joked as Zubiya gave Dr. Asifa a hug. She laughed and said "yes, ap men ney hamari girls night IN kharab kardi. We had other grand plans until you guys decided to bring the whole Nephrology team here" Asfi raised an eye brow at her, she looked at him smiled and started walking back inside with Dr. Asifa.