Yōkai & Love

~Yōkai, considered demonic beings that bring calamity, and malevolent intent, often possessing spiritual or supernatural abilities. Ranging from good fortune to absolute chaos, they can indeed be deceiving. Shape shifting to consume the souls of humanoid figures to maintain youth and appearance. Thus making a love affair between a human and yōkai bewitching, misfortune and Certain death await, non-human beings such as a yōkai cannot feel human emotion nor pain, however rare cases of half-demons can possess shape shifting abilities, human compassion and more traits that support being half human and half demon. These yōkai species are created by the forbidden romance between a human and a pure bred yōkai, spiritual beings such as these can carry children woman or man, making same sex love possible from their bodies, a human carrying yōkai half demon children can be dangerous, yōkai need blood, and souls of the living to maintain their life forces, If a human carry's a child of a yōkai demon there is a 2% chance of survival of both the parent and the child. In the end, the gods have forbidden love between man and the spirits that roam the earth. But- it's not impossible.