5, 6, 7, 8, Don't Assume The Kids Are Straight!

Greek
Italian
Latin

3rd person PoV

Lunch was well underway by the time Nico and Will found their way to the dining room. A whole gaggle of redheads (plus Harry and Hermione) was gathered around the dining table, which was covered in plates of sandwiches and bowls of salads and fruits.

Mrs. Weasley noticed the couple the moment they entered the room. "Oh, there you are, come sit and get something to eat, dears," she said, beckoning them to come sit at the table.

Nico glanced around the table skeptically before sitting down. Will sat right next to him.

"Now, you've already met my two youngest, Ron and Ginny, and their friends, Harry and Hermione, yes?" she asked, then continued before either could respond. "Those two are my next youngest, Fred and George. They're twins. Then Percy here. Bill and Charlie, my oldest, are off somewhere doing God knows what." Mrs. Weasley pointed at each new boy in turn, then gestured at two framed photos on the wall which must've been Bill and Charlie.

Will didn't pay much attention to the pictures, but Nico could've sworn they moved.

Will reached for a sandwich and Nico some salad, but a slightly nasally voice interrupted them.

"Hey, now, it's quite rude to not introduce yourselves. You are guests in our house, after all." The couple looked up and saw that it was Percy who spoke. He was now glaring haughtily at them, back ramrod straight and chin tilted up aggressively.

The demigods noticed all this, trained to spot threats as they were, and Will immediately set to calming the situation.

"Ah, sorry. We're not used to meeting so many new people all at once, so we're a bit overwhelmed. I'm Will Solace, this is Nico di Angelo. We're from Olympus Academy for the Magically Specialized, in America."

"Oh," Percy said, his bluster deflating immediately. "Well, it's nice to make your acquaintance."

"Nice to meet you too," Nico said, smiling thinly. They lapsed into silence, and even Nico could tell it was a bit awkward and tense.

"So," Mrs. Weasley started in an attempt to break the silence, "any girlfriends back home?"

Will glanced at Nico, who cracked a grin, making Will chuckle, causing Nico to laugh. Soon, both boys were hunched forward in their chairs, red-faced and laughing like maniacs. The Weasleys plus Harry and Hermione watched them, bewildered.

"What's so funny about that?" Ron demanded.

Will panted for a breath. "See, we're g-" Nico cut him off by grabbing the blond's jaw and smashed their lips together.

Hermione squeaked alarmedly. The whole collection of wizards blushed and looked away when the couple showed no signs of separating from their kiss.

When the two finally unlocked their lips, both were panting heavily.

"Well, I suppose that's as good an explanation as any," Will said, brushing a few loose hairs behind Nico's ear.

"You could've just-"

"Said you were-"

"Dating," Fred and George chorused.

Nico's gaze flicked between the two of them. "Yeah, but that's no fun. Besides, I like making people uncomfortable when they assume my sexuality," he said casually, leaning back in his chair. Will chuckled.

"Death breath, we still need to work on your-" Will started.

"My people skills? Yeah, you've said, Sunshine," Nico interrupted, grinning.

Harry stared at the two boys, confused and a bit bewildered.

"Hold on a second, you're both boys. Boys are supposed to date girls, not other boys."

It didn't take Nico a second to realize there was nothing malicious in the inquiry, just general confusion. Nico's heart reached out to the younger boy who had obviously been in a similar situation to him growing up.

"That's how it works, generally, but some people are a little... different. Some like the same gender, like me and Will. We're called gay; girls would be called lesbian. Some people like multiple or all genders, they'd be bi or pan. There's a whole spectrum and community, I can explain it to you later, if you'd like," Nico explained.

Harry's brow was furrowed in contemplation and confusion, but he nodded slowly. "I'd appreciate that. Thanks."

"Do you mind if I tag along? I've always been confused by the whole thing, and my parents are pretty conservative, so I couldn't ask them," Hermione interjected.

"Uh, sure," Nico replied. "I'm not an expert at it, though. I'm sure there are some books about it if you want more in-depth knowledge, and you seem enough like a friend of mine to prefer books over talk."

Hermione beamed at him. "Oh, that sounds great! I'll do that, they probably have some in the school library."

Chatter spread around the table as groups broke off into separate conversations, and the mood was considerably lighter; friendly, even.

Harry didn't join into a conversation, though, as his brain was much too preoccupied tumbling around this new information. Not all boys like girls, not all girls like boys. The thought was completely foreign to him, raised to be as "normal" as possible, but suddenly... things made sense.

Words: 884

ANNOUNCEMENT TIME!
As many if you know, school is MURDER. I have next to no time for anything outside of it and homework, so please bear with me. There will be even more time between chapters, but I promise I'll keep writing!

Also- HOLY SCHIST!?!?! 400 READS??? YOU GUYS THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

-The Galactic Dragon