Chapter 1: Prologue

Narrator POV:

"Mom come on! We're gonna be late!" Fifteen year old Izuku Midoriya shouts as he stands at the front door dressed in a sleek black tuxedo next to his father, Hisashi Midoriya who is also wearing a tuxedo. "I'm coming I'm coming! Jeez you know it isn't easy to look this pretty Izu." Inko says as she walks down the hall towards the door in a beautiful green dress while putting on one of her earrings. "You always look beautiful Inko, now come on kiddo we only got twenty minutes left!" Hisashi says as Izuku quickly opens the door and the three Midoriya's rush out to their car and get in before driving off to the New Year's party they were invited to.

Twenty minutes later:

"Haha! We made it! Everyone ready?" Hisashi asks as he parks the car and turns to look at Inko and Izuku who nod in response and the three get out of the car before running to the entrance of the building where the party is taking place. "Names please?" One of the security guards for the party asks as he pulls up a clipboard. "Midoriya." Inko replies as the guards immediately recognize the name and let her and her family inside, wishing her a good night as they do. "Woah Mom, who knew you were so important." Izuku says shocked but not complaining. "Oh I'm not that important sweetie, now come on we're late enough as it is." Inko says as Hisashi and Izuku nod and the three approach the lady at the front desk.

"Hi Ma'am, we're here for the Yaoyorozu's New Year's party." Inko says kindly as the receptionist nods and says: "There are three ballrooms assigned for that party. There is one here in the middle of the building for the adults, one to the far right for the teens, and one to the far left for children. Here are the room numbers so you don't get lost." As she says that she hands Inko and Izuku cards with two different ballroom numbers on them. "Alright well I'll see you later guys!" Izuku says as he starts to run off in the direction of the ballroom he's assigned to but Hisashi stops him. "Wait! Don't forget your mask! This is a Masquerade Party after all!" "I know! See ya Dad!" Izuku shouts back as he disappears from sight and Hisashi sighs before Inko pats him on the back and the two make their way to the ballroom assigned for them while also putting their masks on.

With Izuku:

"Why do I have a feeling that this won't be the last I see a really big door?" Izuku asks himself as he looks up at the ten meter tall ballroom door in front of him before he takes a deep breath to calm his nerves. With that he puts on his mask and opens the door only to be met with blaring music and hyperactive teens dancing the night away. This kind of atmosphere doesn't fit the young greenette at all so he just closes the door behind him, grabs some punch that he made sure isn't spiked, and leans against one of the walls thinking about how this is going to be a long night.

 This kind of atmosphere doesn't fit the young greenette at all so he just closes the door behind him, grabs some punch that he made sure isn't spiked, and leans against one of the walls thinking about how this is going to be a long night

(This is Izuku's Mask, I do not own this art)

'*sigh* I don't know what I expected, this is a party for teens after all. At least no one is using their quirks and wrecking the place...' Izuku thinks to himself as he takes a sip of his punch and looks around only to see two girls staring at him, one with blue hair and the other with pink. As they notice his gaze they lose themselves in his beautiful emerald green eyes for a few moments before shaking it off and looking away while giggling to themselves. In response Izuku just sighs lightly and shakes his head before taking another sip of his punch, completely uninterested in this entire party, if you could even call it that.