Chapter 8 preview

Ok this is extremely short, so it's just a little sneak peek.

It's a happy birthday to me for you I will finish this chapter by next week. Sorry for taking so long. Enjoy

He couldn't have been gone very long before I heard the front door open, with loud thudded steps coming in. I could feel my heartbeat in my ears as I pulled my knees to my chest and push myself into the corner, as if trying to sink into the painted wall.

Shouts started to erupt from down the hall, I couldn't make out what was being said. They started to grow louder, as I heard a bang against the door. The sound jerked me out of my trance, "hey you little shit, you set me up!" The handle on the door started to turn before there was another thud, "fucker, next time stay down!" I heard some more muffled sounds as I reached the door, "I'll take him, sir," I heard, as I opened the door.

I see Kyle leaning back against the wall, "I told you, not to open the door," he gives a small chuckle. He gets up and we walk out to the front yard and I see some cops putting someone in the back of the patrol car, when I saw who it was, I about stopped in my tracks.

"What's wrong?" Kyle asked, "he's, I I've... met him before," I was almost horrified, it was the kid from that party, that freshman.

I felt a hand land on my shoulder giving a light squeeze, "it's okay now, he can't do anything anymore." I took a breath before nodding, as I watched the cops drive off down the road.

After we could no longer see the cars I could feel the hand pull me back towards the house. I was still in a shock as the person who has been doing all these things was a kid I spoke to once.