Chapter-10

"Joseph, on my count, run to Amy." Joseph heard James whisper to him as he eyed The laughing man. Its face had the crazy smile on it. Even though it had no eyes but the blank eye socket looked horrible.
"You heard me? " James whispered again. He nodded and waited for the signal.
"Go! " James said as he started to run where Amy was standing. Joseph followed him but his uncle,the laughing man, did not. It just stood there smiling. Joseph ran as fast as he could to go to the other side of the room. After reaching Amy he saw Jon infront of her, smiling. "Already?" He wondered. He looked at Amy who was looking straight at Jon's dead eyes.
"Jon, come with us." He said. But Jon didn't reply.
"So be it." James said as he held Jon and lifted him up. Jon still didn't do anything. Joseph didn't want to waste time. He gave a signal to open the window as he looked back. Where his Mom's broken body fell. But there was nothing there. He looked at his father and saw Jon wasn't on his hand either. There was nothing in the room other then the three of them. He looked at the the window as Amy just opened it.
"Let's go,hurry!" James said.
But something was odd about this. Those things wanted the to stay, now they're letting them escape?.
"Amy, you first" James said as Amy hesitated.
"What are you three doing?" The voice was familiar to Joseph. It was his Mom's. He looked up the stairway, Eirin was coming down the stairs holding a small bag.
"Why are you three leaving out the window? The door's that way." She pointed.
The three of them stood there in confusion. Joseph was doubting his own eyes. Were they hallucinating? Its not possible for all three of them to hallucinate the same thing at once. Can it be that he's hallucinating them too? "Have I gone mad?" He wondered. His mother came down to them.
"Where's Jon?" She said
"I... I don't know, are you OK? " James said,still shocked.
"Here I am!" Jon came out from the dining room.
This was all to insane for Joepsh. He saw so much crazy things for the last couple of minutes that this normal thing isn't making any sense right now.  He could tell that his father and Amy's feeling the same confusion now. "Which one is real." He whispered.
"This is" he heard a deep growling voice saying it as he heard Amy scream beside him and get thrown to the center of the room with bruite force by an invisible strength. He looked around with a glance as he saw all the dead family members around them. They looked scarier now. As if all their bodies have rotten. Amy got up with her left arm bleeding from the fall. Joseph saw his grandfather grabbing her from behind as she tried to escape, but couldn't. The spirit held her neck as Joseph yelled. He was just about to run there when he felt James grabbing him.
"Run to the door" James said.
He looked back at him,shocked. But he saw fear and anger at the same time on his Father's eyes. He understood what he had to do. It was a cowardly thing to do but, if one of them can't get out no one will know about this house. The evil it holds, they might kill anyone else who ever enters here, what's worse is that he will be one of the killers. A choice must be made now. To die here and stay as a slave to his great fathers evil spell, or run away alone and break the god dammed house from outside. Joseph was always the reasonable one. He looked at his father one last time as he gave back a smile, and then he ran.
"Run! " Amy cried out as she understood their plan. Just then, while running to the door Joseph heard a noise. It was like breaking a bone. He knew it was the sound of Amy's neck breaking. And then he hear another, it was his Father's. But fought back all the emotions forcing themselves out of him and kept on running. It felt like time slowed down. Just a few feet and he's there.
When he was almost at the door he suddenly felt something grabbed his feet. "No!" He yelled out as he fell down on the floor. He kicks the hands that were holding him and looked back, it was Jon's hands. And behind him was Henry Wood's damned spirit.
"You made quite the sacrifice there. That was heartless, leaving your family like that? " it said.
Joseph didn't feel the need to reply as he crawled to the door with Jon's hands holding his feet. He touched the door when Henry grabbed his hair and pulled him up.
"You can't open the door, the more afraid you are, the more power we get. And right now you are very afraid." He said grinning.
"I'm not afraid" Joseph replied
"Oh, you were always afraid" he said as Joseph felt his head getting squeezed. It seemed like his skull would break. With the last bits of his senses he felt there was no longer anyone holding his feet.
"Not always " he said as he kicked Henry twice with all the strength he had. Henry moved behind letting him gonas Joseph slammed on the door turning the door knob. The door opened!
He rushed out as on the last step he got pulled backwards to the house. He was now floating at the center. He looked down and saw everyone. Even his father and sister. They were all looking at him, smiling.
"Join us" they said all togather as he slammed on the ground. He felt his right arm break and then floating back up again. One after one he kept getting slammed at the center of the room while all his family members chanted "Join us" . He felt each of his bones breaking. The last slam was head first , and then it went blank.