Chapter I

This was new. But, old at the same time. It wasn't the first time NCT had to deal with a rival gang, but, it was never a gang as powerful and dangerous as EXO. Especially that it was Jaehyun's former team. The thoughts of every bad situation and even worse outcome swirled in the leader's head, clouding up in a dark mist whatever coherent thoughts he still had in his head. With a sigh, he opened his eyes, attempting to clear out his mind.

With a quick glance, he mumbled to his assistant."Please bring John, Kun, Mark.... Taeil, Ten and Hendery to my office. I have something important to discuss with them." The man nodded, and was about to leave, when he was interrupted by yet another person being requested. "...And bring Jaehyun as well. He deserves to know too." With a curt nod, the man was out of the room and off to find, or call the needed members of the gang.

It didn't take long for the first four to show up. Soon after, Hendery and Ten opened the door, both weary of the situation. Taeyong gave them a slight nod, and gestured for the two brothers to sit down. Johnny greeted Ten with a smile, while Hendery, unnoticeably but surely, rolled his eyes at the two. Taeil seemed worried, not sure of the situation, but an idea of it forming in his head. Did it have something to do with who he saw in Busan? Taeyong's sudden actions were unusual and worrying. He didn't call meetings like these unless there was something incredibly bad happening.

The Chinese male stepped through the door, averting everyone's gaze to him. "Sorry for the holdup. I had to deal with... something." The leader of WayV spoke, sitting down besides Taeil. He earned a few sideways glances from his fellow colleagues at the mention of 'something', no one seemed to know what that was supposed to be. "So, what's happening? I can't remember the last time you called a meeting like this, something bad must've happened. Did someone die? Someone got hurt? What happened?" Kun's voice went from calm to slightly frantic in the fraction of a second. Hendery exchanged a nervous glance with Taeyong.

"Nobody got hurt. At least not as far as I'm aware." His eyes fell on the polished wood of the table. He couldn't believe the words he was about to say. But it had to be done or else who knows what hell was about to brake loose upon them. The rest had to know, or else it was going to only be worse for all of them. This wasn't something he could deal with by himself. As much as Taeyong didn't want to put his teammates in danger, he had to alert them about the oncoming storm.

The dark grey haired leader was about to open his mouth to say the unsettling news, but he was interrupted, by his assistant entering the room. "I'm sorry for interrupting sir, you have visitors, and they're saying it's urgent." Taeyong was about to tell him off, visitors were the least of his worries now. But was cut off yet again. "It's Stray Kids, sir." That's new. What are they doing here? He thought, raising an eyebrow at the sudden mention of their younger allies."Let them in." The assistant nodded, and Taeyong turned back to the waiting members, who we're now visibly unsettled and worried, except for the two cousins, sitting next to eachother, Both already aware of the situation. "As I was about to say, EXO is-"

A loud thud echoed through the room as the gray wooden door swung open and hit the wall with a deafening bang. Two males, younger than the average age of everyone in the room entered, both of them had an expression that shouted urgency and worry. "EXO IS BACK!" Chan shouted, completing what Taeyong was about to say. He had almost kicked down the door in the proxy, but that didn't seem to bother him at all.

"I know." He said, as calmly as his voice could allow him in that particular moment,(which wasn't really that calm)pinching the bridge of his nose."I was just about to tell everyone else. But now that you're here, take a seat, we might as well discuss this together." He motioned a hand towards the sitting members of NCT, who we're now all looking at the two newcomers as if two wild animals just broke into the office.

The two new additions to the meeting sat down on whatever two chairs they found in the room. Mark waved slightly at the blonde newcomer, who returned a weak smile. "But yes, as Chan said, EXO are back. Ten and Hendery spotted Kai while on their mission, causing them to have to abandon said mission." He seemed noticeably irritated by the fact that their target was not eliminated, as it was supposed to be, but right now, EXO was a much larger threat. "Doyoung had his own suspicions, he told me maybe a week ago that Taeil spotted two members of EXO in Busan. I'm guessing that's why the two of you are here?" He turned to Woojin and Chan, who both nodded in almost perfect unison. "Kris and Tao. We're not sure about others. Minho saw them in the shadier corners of Busan." Woojin recited the events calmly, glancing at Chan for confirmation, which he got in the form of an approving hum. Taeil agreed as well, letting out a sigh of relief, but worry at the same time. What he saw was finally confirmed, but, maybe it was better if it would've stayed as a suspicion. Now that they had proof from residents, of the two members of the rival gang being in proximity, nothing good was about to happen.

"So Doyoung's suspicions were correct. Great. Well, thank you, if you get any other update of EXO in Busan, please tell us, and be careful about yourself and SKZ too. If you need help, ask. We're allies, not enemies." Taeyong spoke up, processing what the younger two had said.
"If something happens, Dream will help!" Mark piped up, and got a smile from Chan in return. "Thank you. Well, we should leave. I left Minho and Changbin in charge, so we should get back quickly, we'll keep you updated." With that, the two stood up and left, saying individual quiet goodbyes to each one of the people there.

"Kris and Tao...And Kai too...that means everyone else isn't far off." Johnny mumbled, rubbing his temples. "What do you suggest we do?" He asked the leader, who was trying to figure out that question himself. Johnny knew EXO well, even though he knew them as an enemy. But Jaehyun knew them from inside. He was one of them at some point in his life. Taeyong turned to Jae, waiting for some sort of word from his lover. But he didn't expect what he just saw. Well wasn't this just a surprising day.

Jaehyun's face was stuck in a state of shock and fear. He was doe eyed and terrified, mumbling EXO is back repeatedly under his breath as if he had just escaped an asylum. But it was understandable. With EXO, came a lot of trauma, and fear. He had pretended to be dead after all, just to get away from them, and now if they found out, they'd do anything to kill him off for good. The thoughts were overwhelming him, untill he couldn't control them anymore. He fainted. Taeyong jumped up in his chair Because of the sudden loss of consciousness in his boyfriend.

"GET HIM TO JUNGWOO, WE CAN'T AFFORD TO GO TO A HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW." He was suddenly extremely riled up. Jaehyun fainting sent his patience over the edge. Johnny and Taeil stood up to help carry Jaehyun's unconscious body to their makeshift infirmary. Once the three were out the room, Taeyong turned to the other 4 remaining. "Mark, alert the dreamies, don't let them do anything reckless, explain the situation. Hendery and Kun, pass in the information to the rest of WayV, Ten, you can go and tell everyone else. I need some time to think this whole thing through." Kun nodded, hurrying everyone up and out of their seats. Mark lingered around for a little longer. "It's gonna be fine. We're NCT, not some weak mob or something. EXO are dangerous, sure, but we're smart. We'll get to the bottom of this." He told the older, patting him on the shoulder. "I hope so..." Taeyong mumbled, as the boy left his office to bring the 'amazing' news to his own team.

The silver haired man sat back in his chair, and turned around in it to look out of the window and into the slowly darkening streets of the city. Lights we're slowly being turned on in every house, and street lamps we're firing up their yellow lights. The city was completely oblivious to the havoc going on in its underground parts. And maybe, a few years ago, Taeyong would've been part of the city. Just as unaware of the dangers that the underground brought. Yet here he was, leading a whole entire gang, against their greatest rival. He just hoped he didn't bring his gang to it's one demise.

And hope was the only thing he could hang onto for now.
-
word count; 1, 577 words
including note; 1, 589
uh idk
- m 🍋