6.

— question and answer

"hyung he's so cute! i'm telling you, you'll love him," jisung sighed dreamily.

"shut up, kid. walk faster."

jisung was taking his friend donghyuck to the library to see chenle and mark. he had told him about the librarian the day they met. it was embarrassing to have made a first impression of being dumb and he felt flustered just thinking about it.

he also talked about the ordeal with jaemin and told about mark. jisung knew the older male was single and wanted donghyuck to meet him because he seemed like his type.

they reached their destination, the large doors of the library and jisung instantly giggled. he was acting like a typical high schooler with his crush. they walked in and made a beeline for the main desk where the duo were usually sitting.

and there chenle was, looking fluffy and attractive as always. jisung's eyes twinkled with endearment and donghyuck smiled softly. he walked up to the chinese boy and beamed. "hi hyung! how are you?"

chenle was caught off guard by this and his head jerked up. "o-oh, hi homie."

jisung could feel his cheeks blossom with a dusty pink. he was still sheepish about that. "don't bring that up," jisung whined. "what book are you reading now?"

meanwhile, donghyuck strode up to mark with confidence and grinned. the canadian was taken aback by his presence and smiled awkwardly. "hello?" mark greeted in a questioning manner.

"hi, i'm donghyuck. could i have your number?"

mark's eyes widened at how blunt he was. his voice was tentative, but his demeanour proved otherwise. he couldn't really deny that the straightforward boy was cute. his skin was more tanned and appeared soft. he had big doe eyes and was pretty in his own unique way.

"sure," mark smiled small and wrote it down on a blue sticky note.

jisung was listening intently while chenle blabbered on and on about the book he was reading. he didn't enjoy reading and only did it when he had to in school. chenle's eyes were filled with contentment as he spoke about the novel and jisung didn't have the heart to tell him he wasn't paying as much attention as he should.

"hyung," jisung interrupted and chenle stopped talking immediately.

"ah, did i talk too much? i-i'm sorry, i should learn to shut up sometimes," chenle frowned.

jisung shook his head side to side eagerly, "no, no, you didn't. i had a question."

chenle hummed, his gaze flickering until it landed on jisung and they made eye contact. the taller male cleared his throat, his chest bubbling up with uncertainty. he was preparing himself for the moment last night, yet all of that disappeared instantaneously. he was so nervous.

"i- uh, would you go on a date with me?"

the librarian blinked a few times and blushed. he was stunned by the sudden question and simply nodded. "i-i'd like that."

jisung was enlightened at that, his lips curling up into the biggest smile he could muster. "i'll give you my number then," the younger rummaged out his phone and unlocked it, passing it to chenle. "when are you free?"

he took the device and input his contact information, putting the name as bookworm with a smiley face after. "i'm never busy unless i'm working. what about this weekend?"

"sure! i'll text you later then," jisung smiled lopsidedly. "you're really cute, hyung."

chenle laughed gloriously, leaving jisung's heartbeat to pace irregularly and fast. mark shushed his co-worker and the latter slapped a hand onto his mouth. "sorry," chenle giggled quietly.

jisung scrunched his nose up with satisfaction. he'd love to make chenle laugh like that more often.