Chapter 6

Disclaimer: I do not own any characters used in this story, all recognizable names, locations, and characters are property of the wonderful JK Rowling, who was lovely enough to bless us with the Harry Potter books to become obsessed with as I have.

Warning: This chapter contains mentions of rape, abuse, and many other things that are not for the faint of heart if you do not want to read about these things, I suggest you either stop reading this fic or skip this chapter, because it gets pretty bad. This chapter also contains swearing.

..............

Unwanted Memories

.............

Chapter 6

"Severus?!" Dumbledore came flying down the stairs when he heard the thump from Snape's head hitting the wall. As the spell Dumbledore had cast on the Dursleys was still in place, they were still sound asleep and knew of nothing.

"Severus?" McGonagall had followed closely behind Dumbledore, but saw the look on Snape's face before she said anything, which changed her outburst from a cry of shock to a cry of concern.

Snape was completely broken. He was still awkwardly slumped against the wall, with his left hand over his mouth in shock, tears streaming freely down his face. His right hand was laying limply on the floor, his wand had rolled a few feet away. The fact that Snape's wand wasn't in his hand led Dumbledore to know something was seriously wrong; as a disloyal Death Eater, Snape made sure he was always prepared to duel, and never let his wand leave his robes unless he was using it.

As Dumbledore and McGonagall were still at the base of the stairway, they could not see inside the cupboard, which Snape was openly staring into. Snape didn't even move when both Dumbledore and McGonagall stepped over his legs to get a look into the cupboard. What was inside shocked them both as well. McGonagall let out a strangled cry, slumping against the wall and sliding down next to Snape, with the same look on her face. Dumbledore, on the other hand, froze, one hand still on the top of the cupboard door. The only sign of life from Dumbledore was his chest moving with his breathes and his eyes blinking. And the tears cascading down his face and hitting the floor.

Inside the cupboard, there was a small cot with one thin, bloody blanket. There was no mattress on the hard springs, nor was there a pillow. But this was not what had caused such a reaction from the three normally composed professors.

Hanging on the wall beside the cot were at least five different whips and seven leather belts with big metal buckles, three pairs of brass knuckles, and four metal cords. All of these were covered in a layer of blood and puss. Beside the cot, on the floor, there was a big bottle of sexual lubricant, and big containers of cleaning supplies, covered with an ample amount of dirty rags, also covered in dried blood and puss, and what looked like dry semen. From these, it was easily gathered that the Dursleys had made Harry clean the hallway floor and other areas after he was either beaten or raped.

The walls of the cupboard were covered in old blood stains, and there was a corner at the end of the bed that looked as if it was covered in dried up bile; as if Harry was starved and beaten to the point of throwing up. There was a dirty, dim lightbulb hanging from the ceiling of the cupboard, with a rusty metal chain to turn it on, but it looked as if it had never worked, which meant that after Dursley was done beating and raping Harry, he threw him into a small, dark cupboard, probably for days at a time.

These things were still not all that had made the three professors break down, however. In the corner of the room above the head of the cot, the word "Help" was written. This word was written with a small fingertip, of no more than nine years old, with blood as the ink.