Tension

Rose's P.O.V

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

BE-

I slammed my hand down on the alarm clock. I groaned and looked at the time. 6:00 A.M. I sighed and swung my feet out of bed, sitting up.

"Why is breakfast so early in the morning.." I muttered to myself as I got up.

I step inside the bathroom and turn on the shower. I undress myself and step inside, feeling the warm water cascade down my body. A few minutes later I step out and dry myself off. I go into my closet and pick out a red shirt and skin-tight jeans, along with a pair of short boots. I walk back into the bathroom and look at my hair. Unsurprisingly, It looks like a mess. I set to work trying to brush through the knots in my silver hair, which wasn't that easy to fix. After I finished, I walk back into my room and smell something delicious. Oh hell yeah, its pancakes and muffins. I rush downstairs and snatch a muffin from a small basket, earning me a light smack from Cianna, who made them. I smile innocently as I finish the muffin off. "They are great, Cianna!" I exclaimed, and she smiled back and went back to making the pancakes.

I was about to leave for the living room when Cianna called me over. "Do you mind waking everyone up? I'm finished making breakfast." She asked me sweetly.

"Yeah, sure." I replied as I made my way upstairs. I smiled evilly as I thought of ways to wake them up.

Basically, I just set them all on fire and they all pretty much just woke up and panicked. Don't worry, I put it out before it got serious, I'm not that sadistic. I smiled triumphantly as they made their ways downstairs, Aj glaring at me with hatred in his eyes. Like I care though, it was just a little fire.

I sat at the table and eyed the food that was set on platters. Cianna never fails to impress me, it looks like food fit for a king. I look over and see Abigail almost drooling at the sight of the food, as she grabs a little of everything from the table. As we all began to eat in silence, I couldn't help but look over to the empty seat at the head of the table. Where our father was supposed to sit. Eight years ago our father went on an errand and never came back, we all searched for him but we could find no trace of where he could be. It was like he vanished off the face of the Earth, or if he died, but no one would express that out loud. I sighed as I finished my meal and set my dishes in the sink. 

I was about to leave when a hand caught my shoulder. "Hey, you want to train together? I bet both of us could use the practice." The voice said.

I looked over and saw Grace holding my shoulder, she was looking at me, expecting an answer. I looked at the hand on my shoulder and she abruptly let go.

"Yeah sure, I don't see why not." I replied. It wouldn't be bad to practice against someone that actually rivaled me and my powers. 

We walked to the training room, which was basically a HUGE room with magic enchanted walls that won't break. Pretty convenient huh? "So are we sparring or fighting with our abilities?" She asked from behind me, stretching.

"I'm pretty good in the sparring department, don't know about you though."

"That's fine, we can fight with our abilities. I'll set the timer."

I start to stretch and charge up my powers, getting ready to fight.

We stand on opposite sides of the training area, preparing as I hear familiar dings coming from the huge timer board hanging from the wall. 5. 4. 3. 2.

"Her power is Physics Manipulation, so its likely she'll put me in a virtual space, so I have to be ready for anything." I thought as we reached 1.

Immediately, I'm engulfed in darkness. This was her virtual space, she can do anything in this small area. With little time to react, I'm punched in the cheek as I'm quickly barraged with punches. I grit my teeth as I set my entire body on fire, burning the hands to a crisp. They faded away as I'm left in the darkness. I bite my lip as I strain my hearing to find where Grace is hiding. I'm immediately punched in the stomach, by none other than grace. I double over in pain as Grace disappears into the darkness, out of my vision. 

"I can't take her powers lightly, if I try hard enough, I could find her... I got an idea." I thought as I was punched again in the back.

I try to pinpoint Grace's position as I'm struck again in the side. I listen closely, ignoring my pain and hear a faint scuffle to my far left, I focus a huge wave of fire in that area. I hear a grunt of pain as I take that as a opportunity to finish her off. I release my Raging Dragon, a dragon made purely of fire, fire that hurts and burns upon impact. Probably not the best move to use in training considering it burns bad but she'll deal with it.

"Okay, I surrender!" She says, as the actual world comes back.

I smile and look over to see Rylan and Aj fighting, I must not have heard them come in during our spar. I help Grace up as she walks to the infirmary, I smile innocently as she stares at me annoyingly, holding her scorched arm. I turn back to watch the boys' fight. Poor AJ, sure his ability is pretty powerful (Weather Manipulation) but Rylan is definitely going to win. I would bet Rylan's ability is the strongest of the families. I mean, Cosmic Manipulation is a pretty big deal. I hear a crash and the guys pause. I look over too and hear a distant argument. We all leave to figure out what's going on. 

We end up in front of our father's office. Nobody has been in there since he left, we were never allowed to go in there anyway, but we didn't want to disturb his privacy or see something we wished we didn't. I see Talia and Danny arguing with Cianna and Dallas, who were trying to block them from going into dads office.

"Hey, hey! What's going on here!?" Diana yells, coming from the library with Kiana and Abigail following her.

"We should have the right to go into our father's office, who knows what's in there and I want to see if he left anything in there that may point to where he is!" Talia yelled angrily, with Danny nodding in agreement, who looked like he was getting angry too.

"It's his privacy, we should honor that. Besides, we weren't even allowed in there, what if he's keeping something he doesn't want us to know abo-" Cianna explained as she is suddenly cut off.

"IT'S ALREADY BEEN EIGHT YEARS, HE'S PROBABLY ALREADY DEAD!!!" Danny yelled, his voice echoing through the mansion, as he clenched his fist and looked at the ground. I've never seen him yell like that before.

We all remained quiet as Danny looked fiercely at everyone who had gathered. Suddenly, DeAnna (A/N: yes, there are two deannas, Diana and Deanna, don't question me.) burst through the front door.

"Oh for gods sake." She said, clearly annoyed as she stormed up to dad's office and opened the door, everybody too shocked to stop her.

My eyes widen.

--------------------------

HA, cliffhanger. Feel my pain for once when I read a story and it cliffhangers. I know it kind of sucks so ill edit it later but keep this original theme for this chapter. Adios.