The therapy snake

The snake above is Samantha

Dee pov

I was in my room play with Samantha, my pet ball python when I hear yelling in the main room of the mind space. I put her away before she got too scared and sunk down and appeared in front of Roman and Remus fighting about who knows what. "What is not happening here??" I yelled over the screaming. Remus looked at me a little confused but Roman immediately spoke. "Remus here keeps haunting Thomas' dreams!!" Remus looked back at his brother. "That's my job!" I sighed, getting tired of their crap. I gave Remus his deodorant. "Now don't go to your room." He looked at me a little fun but goes to his room anyway. I grabbed a bag of chips then sunk back to my room. I sat down on my bed and took off my gloves, trying to ignore the scales on one of them and the burns on the other. I had eaten half the bag when I hear a knock on my door so I put on my gloves and answered it. Remus stood there in tears which were a rather odd sight he never cries, at least never that I've seen. "Hello, Remus. Is something not a matter?" I hate that I'm a compulsive liar. He snuffles. "C-can I come in?" My eyes widen a bit but I stepped aside so he could walk in. He walked in and immediately looked at Samantha's tank. "What's in this??" I walk closer to the tank and Samantha stuck her head out of her hide and looked at Remus. "That's Samantha. She's not my pet ball python" I said calmly. He smiles, finally getting used to the way I talk. "Can I hold her?" He looked at me. I thought about it. "As long as you do hurt her." He smiles more. "I promise not to hurt her." I put my gloved hand in her tank and she smelled it a little then hid again. I mumble a "great" I remembered that she hates my gloves so I took a deep breath and took them off quickly then tried to get her again. This time she curled around my hand, letting me pick her up. I picked her up and brought her closer to Remus so he could pet her a little. He smiles and pets her little head and she smelled him. "Why is she licking me?" I chuckle. "She's not smelling you. They smell with their tongue" He went to lick her. "No licking the snake" I pushed his head away from her. "But why not? She is licking me." I sighed. "She is smelling you," I said truthfully. She nudged his hand, trying to get his attention. He looked at her and she slithers onto his hand he then rubbed her head with his thumb. "She doesn't seem to like you." I smile, accidentally showing my fangs. It took him a second to understand what I said then smiles wider when he does figure it out. "You think so??" I just nodded so I didn't confuse him again. She started to slither up his sleeve so I took her back and put her in her cage. He waved goodbye to her and sat down on the bed. Before I had the chance to put back on my gloves he saw the burnt hand. "Did you do that to your hand?"

To be continued

I loved writing this more than I thought I would and I hope you guys like it too