MANGA: Loplop

#Psychological #Drama #Webtoons #Thriller

On-Going | 13 chapters (New chapter every ~25 days)

By: Chongtak (CTK)

SUMMARY

Felix, who likes to watch different people and things on the subway, finally picks up a brush again after two years. Felix's roommate Harry is an eccentric yet brilliant person. The simple Felix and his roommate interactions are bizarre, and Felix has no idea that his roommate is watching his every move... But the surprising thing is, the artist's block that Felix came across oddly resolved itself all of a sudden, is it a coincidence or...?

PROS

+ Brilliant hints that build up the atmosphere. Bright and vibrant colours for Felix that immediately contrast sombre and gray-blue-tinted panels Harry is in.

+ Harry. There are so many things to unravel in him and his unpredictability, contradicting to Felix who seems flat at first glimpse.

+ The Thriller elements are not explicit in all page, but you always have a feeling.

+ Chongtak is an amazing mangaka. Her content holds together closely and logically, characters are closed to life. You may also want to read CTK's On Doorstep or Midnight Rain, both follow the same vein as Loplop, though with clearer placement on Romance.

CONS

- The background drawing is a bit sloppy although that is the only critique I'll say for this.

- Most character build (ie. physical build) is similar

YOU WILL LIKE IT IF YOU ARE: A fan of Death NoteConan/Case Closed or Sherlock Holmes. If you gravitated toward Mystery/Thriller, Detective works, like to see Volatile characters, or Evil vs Naive Characters foiling one another at close proximity.