TS-19

*Edited*

I was the first to run in. For all, I know it could have been into a whole horde of walkers. But when echoes of my feet hitting the concrete floor sounded in my ears, I knew there was a different story. Rick and the others followed right behind me, fanning out. I ran my gun raised as I turned the corner to come face to face with a man who had a shotgun. I backed up towards the group.

"Anyone infected?" The man asked in a dull tone.

"One of our group was, he didn't make it," Rick told.

"Why are you here, and what do you want?" He advanced towards the group while pushing me back to them.

"A chance." Rick and I say together.

"That's asking an awful lot these days." The man said.

"We know," I told him. It was deadly quiet for a few minutes; it was so silent it hurt my ears. The man was looking around at all of us, considering.

"You'll all submit to a blood test. That's the price of admission." He hurriedly said. "We can do that." Rick nodded.

"You have anything to bring in. You do it now. Once those doors close, it stays closed!" And with that, Rick, Daryl, and Shane all turned around to grab the much-needed bags out of everyone's vehicles. I stayed back and watched the door for walkers, occasionally stabbing one in the head. When they came back, Daryl handed me my bag with a nod and walked off. Wait, he only had my bag. Did he not grab anyone else's? That's a dick move.

"I'm Dr. Edwin Jenner. Follow me." He leads us to an elevator that we all had to ride in. I stayed next to Carl, who was by Andrea, Lori, and Jenner. A few moments into the ride, Daryl spoke up.

"Doctors always go around packing heat like that?" Referring to Edwin's shotgun.

"Plenty were lying around, so I thought I'd familiarize myself. But you look harmless enough. Except you." He said to Carl. "I'm gonna have to keep my eye on you." He said, pointing at him. I pulled Carl into my chest and glared at Edwin. "Sorry, is he yours? I didn't mean to offend you." He raised both his hands.

"He's not mine; I can't have any. I am very protective of him." The ding saying we reached our floor pulled us away from the conversation.

We all walked out into a large hallway with a layout of an apartment complex. "Are we underground?" "Mom," questioned.

"Are you claustrophobic?" He asked, looking back. "A little," Carol said in an upset tone.

"Try not to think about it." He said as we went into a room with multiple needles. I sat down first before anyone else could just get it over. I'd never had a fear of needles. I had gotten tattoos before, so I was okay. So when Jenner pulled the needle out, I was no different.

After a while, the last person was up, Andrea. After she finished, she almost fell out of the chair. "Are you okay?"

"She's just a little tired. None of us have eaten in days." Jacqui told him.

"Come with me." Jenner walked out the door towards a big open room. "Vi, turn on the lights in the big room." The lights came on.

"Thought you said you were the only one in here," Rick questioned.

"Vi, say hello to our guests." A loud computerized voice went over the speakers. Hello, guests, welcome.

"I'm all that's left." He said, turning around leading us deeper into the building.

The next thing I know, it's about an hour later, and half our group is shitfaced drunk -me not included. I'm not against it; I've drunk before. But why drink something that only takes the pain away for a little while.