au4

[Felix]

Hyunjin looked up from his phone with a spooked look. I didn't understand why as he had no problem making me feel like shit a few days ago. I should've closed the door in Jeongin's face.

"The hell you looking scared for, huh? Aren't you the one with serious enough balls to not only attack Minho not once, but twice for the same thing? In the same day? Like, what was the point of that? Have you considered the consequences of that? Did you ever stop to think that oh, I don't know, something like that might make his performance suffer?" I said as I kept eye contact with him while he kept breaking it. I looked at Jeongin and decided to deal with him later. I wasn't finished with Hyunjin yet. "And you had the audacity to assume we didn't have plans and would want to hang out with you? Did you pity us or something just because we don't go to fun and expensive places like you? We'd have a better time watching snails move than being anywhere with you!"

I paused to catch my breath and was slightly surprised to see Hyunjin hadn't said anything back. I glanced at Jeongin who kept quiet. They were an odd pair.

"And don't get me fucking started on Saturday. Do you know how easily I could've just slammed the door in Jeongin's face and let him figure shit out on his own while you sat holed up in your room for whatever dumb reason? You could've been asleep and dying and you really had to go and say 'Why are you here?' and 'I don't want him here!'? You arrogant, narcissistic, dumbass fool!" I yelled, gaining stares from a few people around us. "I'll say this now and make sure you etch it into your mind well. We. Do. Not. Like. You."

I walked away and made my way down the hall. I felt good. I felt good to tell him off. I found myself smiling and laughing. Today was going to be a good day. I could feel it.

"Hey! What's all the smiling about? Did someone confess their love to you?" Changbin asked as I reached my locker.

"Nope. I told Hyunjin off." I said cheerily.

I noticed Changbin didn't say anything, so I looked to see why. His face was sullen and his lips were pursed. What was going through his mind?

"That's good to hear. What all did you say?" he asked as he closed his locker.

I told him the summarized version as we entered the classroom across from our lockers.

"Wow... And he didn't say anything the entire time?" he asked.

"Now that I'm looking back, he didn't. Neither did Jeongin... It was weird. Hyunjin looked spooked the entire time too." I said as I replayed everything.

"Well, Min just got in, so better prepare to tell him too." he said before taking out his books.

The happiness I was feeling started to fade the more I thought about it. Why did Hyunjin fight back? Why didn't Jeongin intervene? Why did he look scared? None of it made sense. My victory started to feel less like a proper victory. Minho hurried over to us and asked for details. I found myself saying it slower than before.

"Lix, what's wrong?" Minho asked.

"We didn't really win... It was like an unearned victory." I said then let my head hit my desk. "I feel like the bad guy now."

"Maybe you should've left things alone..." Changbin whispered as he patted my head.