Chapter Seventy-Five

Emmeline came back, exactly fifteen minutes later, in the arms of a good-looking boy that they recognized as Kenneth Hughes, a sixth-year Gryffindor who had been prefect last year

"Hello, Emmeline," greeted Y/N, taken aback at the sight of Kenneth.

"I'm attached now; thanks Y/N," whispered Emmeline, her eyes shining, as Kenneth followed her around like a puppy as she proceeded her prefect duties.

Violet blinked. "That was interesting."

"How did she snag Hughes so fast?" said Sirius in awe. "I heard that he was one of those hard-to-get guys!"

"Like you?" said Y/N wryly.

"Of course! I'm very hard to get, since I've had a girlfriend for seven years now. And hey, I stayed with the same one, too!"

"Oh, yeah?" said Arabella, frowning. "Then what about Alanna Macmillan? Or Lori Paterson? Or—"

The couple had gone off to another compartment to argue, while everyone else sighed helplessly.

Y/N smiled at James. "We've got a lot to do this year, Mr. Head Boy."

He grinned back. "Are you up for it, Ms. Head Girl?"

"Definitely."

"I'm not up for this," groaned Y/N, staring at her list of Head Girl duties and her homework at the same time.

James sniggered. "You said you were definitely up for this year, Y/N."

"Shut it, Potter."

"Hey, don't say 'shut it' to your boyfriend, now! Remember, we're actually going out now, and the whole school's in shock about it."

Y/N couldn't help but smile. "Well, we have hated each other for—what, five years?"

"Pretty much. I stopped hating you around the middle of our fifth year, though."

"Oh, right." She rolled her eyes. "You kept asking me out constantly like a stalker."

"I was not a stalker!" said James, pouting.

"You were!" She laughed merrily, and tumbled out of her chair in the common room as James started to tickle her.

All the younger students stared in awe as their Head Boy and Girl teased and flirted in the most immature way possible.

"Oy!" Sirius waved his arms around. "Stop it, Prongs, Y/N, before you corrupt the ickle firsties!"

"Geroff...James!" cried Y/N desperately, as James had started to tackle her mercilessly again.

"Oops..." He grinned and waved at the smaller children, who immediately turned back to their homework again.

Arabella went into a fit of giggles, while Jennifer and Violet just smiled at the scene that had just occurred. The rest of the Marauders grinned at each other. They didn't care that it was rather too mushy; they were just happy that Y/N and James were finally together and in love.