Chapter 2: Shane's POV

<Shane's POV>

        The room was dark. There was no sound, not even the sound of wind. I stared at the screen of my laptop through the thin lenses of my glasses as I tapped my fingers uniformly on the table. The door creaked open slightly and I turned my head. It was Eric. He dropped a few documents on the table. Each were thick and looked too troublesome to run through. "A new case came up. The 'Sleeping Beauty Syndrome'," Eric said. I picked up one of the files and flipped through it like a fan. "All the victims were teenage girls. They were all said to be sleeping soundly, never to awake again." I placed my glasses on the table and asked, "So, since you came all the way here, there must be somewhere you want me to infiltrate, right? I don't expect anything worth doing for you though." Eric smirked. He ripped a piece of paper from his small notebook and handed it to me, "By tomorrow." I shrugged. As always.

        I tucked a stray lock of my platinum blonde hair behind my ear and grabbed a stick of lollipop which was on the wooden table. Strawberry milk flavour, my favourite. The wrapper was tight. I struggled slightly to open the wrapper then stretched and flexed my bony fingers. The files were all open, spread over the table, from one corner to the other. I had finished speed reading all the documents and I generally know what to and what not to do.The shine from the screen of the laptop reflected on my glasses, where it glistened a bit. Pluto. An organization that plans perfect crimes. I started running my fingers on the keyboard with extreme concentration. Pop-ups, tags, texts, they spreaded over through the whole screen. Swiftly doing my work, the infiltration was a success. I bit of a piece from my lollipop and grinned, "Got you." The files, data and all the secrets behind the Sleeping Beauty Syndrome was traded. Traded for what you say? The hackers and computer experts on that side should be seeing a full page of a wallpaper I made. The background was black with white spider webs all over it. An animated tarantula with an abnormally ginormous head was smiling and in a text bubble the phrase was "Got you!"

        "As expected of the spider, took you only 15 minutes," Shanelle's voice came from behind. I turned my head slowly and looked at her with droopy eyes. Shanelle walked up to me and ruffled my hair. She smiled. "Good work today. After the meeting tomorrow it would be my turn. Pluto, huh? To screw with that idiotic organization. Causing us trouble and work, geez." Shanelle pulled my head closer to her and hugged me from behind. Her hands were resting on my shoulder and I could feel the beating pulse of her heart. Thank God we're still alive today. I pulled back the chair slightly and rested my head on her chest. So warm. So comfortable. So sad....