**1 Year**

So it's a year today since I released the first couple of chapters of the first version of this fic: I had no idea how far I'd get with it. It was honestly more of an experiment than a search for votes or critique. I think I just needed to put the thing that was making me happy out there somewhere.
   But within one night, people started reading and voting for my stuff; they said amazing things about it and told me to keep going. And you guys telling me that did keep me going, not just with writing but with things like getting up in the morning and coping with school and knowing that there was more out there than everything that was happening back then, better chances. You made me smile and you made me want to become a better writer and person. You still do. If it weren't for you guys I wouldn't be able to call myself a decent writer today.
   Sure, I still cringe at most of my early fics, and I know I owe it to everyone and myself to work on them further (especially this one, which will have pointless A/Ns replaced with less pointless extensions and BtR). But I am so grateful that you're able to love them and keep reading something that I wrote, because no matter how much I want to go back and tell myself, "no, this is how you do it", working on this stuff really saved me. (Ok now I'm probably making everyone else cringe uh sorry.)
  But as well as working with these stories, I'm gonna post a new one in a few days called Aphelion. And yes, of course it will be Johnlock. I'm really enjoying writing it so far and thanks to you, it's the best I've done, so I really hope you'll enjoy it.
   I've said it before and I don't think I'm gonna shut up with it, but thank you so much for making all of this happen for me in this last year.
   Yours,
               Harper (yeah I kinda named myself after an OC oops)  xxx