Chapter 23

The cave was cold and damp. The only sound was the distant trickling of water, accompanied by a few cackles of laughter. Her belly ached. Her mate was nowhere near, she was alone.

I claim the first child. Voices whispered in the dark. Weak, pathetic. She was not weak. Her mate was powerful, she was strong. The babe was bearing down. She could only squat to relieve the pressure on her birth canal.

Give up human. Accept death. The words echoed all around her. She bit down on her hand to not make a sound as she pushed with all her might. The babe went forth, only to slide back into her womb when she stopped. Mate, where are you?

Her mate did not answer, he could not hear her. She was alone. The contraction came, and so did the need to push. Her womb opened and the head slid into her birthing canal. She held onto the damp wall, and pushed. Her child was coming.

He felt the pain of his mate. He wanted to be with her, but the creatures blocked his path. He would kill one, and two would replace its place. The only way was to have the oracle help her. But he was still far from her.

Cold ghostly hands caressed her hot skin, making her freeze mid-push. That's it. Fear us. Feed us with your fear human. She tightly closed her eyes and looked for that connection with her mate. Grasping the flickering bond, she borrowed strength and will power from him. Her eyes shot open, blazing with silver fire.

Howls of anger and pain filled the dark cave. She is just human, how can she...? The power she released had them cowering in the far site of the cave. The oracle arrived in time to witness her birth her first son. She grasped the squirming babe with both hands and pulled him out.

She severed the cord joining them and clumsily brought her first born to nurse. Her mate felt her relief. She had given birth, it fueled him to fight harder; to get to her quicker. Their seed. Hair just like theirs. The oracle moved towards her, but she growled in warning. No one was going to take her children. "Little oracle. It's me. Hyunnie."

She only growled in warning, telling him to stay where he was. The voices returned with much fervor. They taunted her, as they whispered in her ears and cackled when she swiped her claws blindly. "Little oracle, your mate asked me to come."

Her belly ached, signaling her to push. Her growls and howls filled the cave. The power she released kept the voices far from her. Her second child quickly slipped out. He was much more vocal than his older brother.

She softly coed at him and brought him to nurse next to his brother. She stood, blood dripping between her legs and battle wounds. Their nest had yet to come out, but she did not care. Her last thread of life told her to go to their mate. He will protect them better.

The oracle kept the distance she allowed him. The voices returned. A force blocking her from leaving. Did you think we will let you go? Her strength was spent, but she held on for dear life. The oracle flanked her left and dispersed the barrier.

It took a long time and too much of his strength before they were able to make it out. The entrance was littered with dead bodies. Her mate stood in the middle as he severed the head of his enemy. He too was spent, but his mate needed him.

"Mate." Her soft call caressed his heart, and warmth filled them up. He froze in fear as he watched her slowly walk towards him. Blood dripping, a bloody babe in each hand. Her glowing eyes gradually returned to that colour he will never forget. He could see life slowly ebbing away from her eyes.

She was leaving him. The cost of a mother's love. They thought she would survive. What they didn't know was she had traded her life to save their youngest. Giving him life to live while hers ebbed away.

He held her tightly, not caring that she was holding their most precious creations. What mattered most was her. Eyes red, he looked to the oracle. "Save her, please."
The oracle was at a loss. "There's nothing...half of her soul has left..." Her soft calls drew them back to her. They felt their heart slowly die.

"Protect them. Nothing will bring me greater joy than knowing you'll be there for them."
She carefully handed him each child. Their youngest had her hair colour. "Name them, your seeds."

"Ezra and Eithan." She smiled. "I love you. Look after them." Eyes closed, the remaining part of her soul left with his heart. There was no sound, everything stilled. Aden took over, allowing Eiden to grieve. He carefully held their mate and children and headed home.

Hyun-Shik did not follow. He had a bone to pick with someone.

Willow softly gasped. Her heart gripped in fear. What was that? The vision cleared, her body cold. Was she dreaming? She looked towards Aden who was cooking. Everything seemed normal.

Aden did not notice the abnormal changes. It was as if what she experienced were blocked from him. No Willow. Relax. Father always said nothing is set in stone. Her words brought enough comfort to put the "dream" at the back of her mind.

What mattered most was finishing the mating with her mate. This was her last night with Aden. There was no mating, no marking, just them.

Her temperature returned to normal just in time for Aden to lie next to her. His rod was still erect, but he was fully satiated. Even if he wanted to, he could not take her. Her body needed this night to change and go back to normal, with the addition of his seed in her.

By the time the mating will be finished, Willow should be about a month pregnant. Having conceived when she mated Aden. (but due to their situation, it's reversed. She accidentally conceived by Eiden, and Aden's seed will complete the missing gene in them.) Their seeds will combine as the babe grows, giving it the genes of both sides of its father. (The twin boys are human, no gene from Aden yet, but after the mating with Aden they will have both sides of their father's genes.)

"My female. My woman." Yes, Willow was now a woman. Her body riddled with Aden's ministrations. Willow was too tired but her body was energetic. Even lifting a finger was a troublesome task. Aden can't cook; but for her, he was willing to learn the trade.

"Aden, I can't eat more." Her moaning and soft pouting amused them greatly. Her belly was rounded from eating. She also had to admit, being fed by him made the food all the more delicious.

Hello everyone,
Again, I apologize for the late update.
Here is the long awaited chapter. Next will be Eiden.
I apologize for any grammatical errors and the chapter sounds a little rushed. It has yet to be edited, and not in any way rushed.

Thank you for your patience

With great love
MrsDHD