Chapter 1: Here We Are Now

"Midoriya! Hurry up with my coffee, will ya?!" A police officer ordered sitting impatient and upright at his desk.

A young man with dark green hair bolted into the open office room wheeling a cart of assorted mugs of coffee and a coffee machine on top.

"Here you are, Captain!" He bowed and handed the officer his assigned mug.

"Jeez. You'd think with the ability to jump from one place to the next in the blink of an eye, you'd be even a little quicker by now. How long has it been since you started working here, again? Two months?" He asked before taking a refreshing sip.

"I-it's more than jumping and running, sir." The boy known to the officer as Midoriya sighed. "And I've worked here a year."

"Ah. Right. Anyway, you still training like I asked?" The officer cocked an eyebrow up at the young man.

"Yes sir! Every day. I hope I can pay all that off and become a police officer." He said.

"That's right. A real hero! Not those tights-wearing reality benders and muscles upon muscles and risqué women. Nope! Real legal law-abiding heroes." He proudly declared in his chair.

Midoriya sighed and nodded his head. "You're right, sir."

"Course I'm right! Now get lost. Other people need their coffee." He grumbled and shooed him off with his fingers as his attention turned to the computer in front of him.

"Yes, Captain Sukeyasu." Midoriya bowed again to excuse himself with his coffee cart.

"If I can't be a hero with One For All, I can at least do my part and be a hero with the police." He thought to himself. He's thought this through his head every day since his first decision to join. But it was getting stale. More coffee orders than stopping crime.
~~~~~~~

"For my family..." A young, rosy-cheeked brunette woman sighed as she squatted down then back up, lifting a large plank of wood and hoisting it up, then carrying it across a construction site amidst others dressed in vests and helmets.

"Sweetie! Hey!" Her father called as he ran up to her. "Ochako, you know you can just use your quirk and carry it that way. You don't need to strain yourself like that."

"It's okay, Dad. I got it. Besides, I'm not allowed to use my quirk." She said as she set it down next to a pile of other planks like it. "I don't want to get your company in trouble."

"Aw, Sweetie..." He comforted her. "Thank you. But please be careful. Don't go too hard on yourself."

"I'll try, Daddy." She gave him a smile then walked back to her station.

"That's my girl." He smiled back and waved her off.

"Even with my help, we'll still be short on payments this month... There's got to be something more for us." Ochako thought to herself.
~~~~~~~

"All is going according to plan." A tall dark-blue haired young man thought confidently with a determined look on his face. With his hands on his hips.

"Tenya! You seem pretty happy today, little brother." His older brother said as he rolled into the room in his wheelchair. He was dressed similarly with his dark blue hair combed and wearing a dark suit.

"I'm just excited for this opportunity to be your attourney intern." The young man, Tenya smiled. "In no time at all, I could be your partner."

"You are my partner, Tenya-kun." His brother reached up and patted his back.

"Thanks Tensei... But not yet officially."
~~~~~~~

The cell door opened up on a young man with with blonde frizzy hair.

"Bakugou. Tatsui. It's feedin' time. Get up and come with us."

The blonde man, along with his cellmate obeyed after a moment of sharing a glance filled with mutual hatred for their current predicament.

They walked out and walked in front of a few guards behind down a long corridor to an open multi-level cafeteria.

"Ey boys! Lord Explosion Murder is back out for more." One of the fellow jumpsuit prisoners said loudly at his table.

Bakugou had been there for months now. But no matter how tough he tried to be, the guards wouldn't let him put the others in their place. They stayed on his right and his left, mostly for the protection of other prisoners. That in itself could be something to be proud of, but not to someone like Katsuki Bakugou.

He stood in line, was served his tray of food, and sat at a wider table with his cellmate as the guards remained standing behind them.

His cellmate Tatsui was covered in thick black hair, long on his head and sporting big sideburns. The hair went down his back and chest into his jumpsuit. Most of the time he had to wear a muzzle but recently he'd been trying to have better behavior.

"What's the weather like." Katsuki asked the guard behind him without the tone of a question, or the turning of his head as he began to eat.

"Cloudy. High chance of rain. If you're good, you can go out to the courtyard and see for yourself." The guard answered.

Tatsui looked at Katsuki then back to his own food.

After a moment of silent eating, Katsuki felt an empty tray smack him in the side of the head.

At that moment, the guard behind put his gun to the blonde's head. "One move and it's over, Bakugou. Don't go blowing anybody up in here. This place costs money."

One of the prisoners at an adjacent table cackled with laugher.

"Just ignore them, Bakugou." The guard reminded him.

Katsuki glared at the prisoner now without his tray, still laughing. The tray now on the floor but bits of rice and pork speckled his hair.

"He'll get what's coming to him." Tatsui said softly.

"He most certainly will." Katsuki hissed.

"He'll be punished for doing that." The guard stated. "But don't you forget what got you in here in the first place."