[His Cold Hands]

[You could play the video while reading, idk I just like the song]

There is a kind of waiting that feels like the autumn breeze kissing the trees and flowers. It isn't warm but there is a sense of gentle calmness in there. Then there is the kind that feels like it just goes longer and longer with every passing minute that makes you wanted to rip your hair off from the frustration. Jack was calm because he knew Elsa will be here.

The subway bench was yellow metal, painted of course, and it matches the morning sun in a way that reminds him of his little sister's favorite color. He occasionally turns his head to the direction of the subway entrance, knowing that she'll be coming from that way any minute now.

He didn't actually need to go anywhere for another hour because his lecture will start at nine, but Elsa, on the other hand, had a class on eight. He decided he wanted to walk with her to campus even though it was too early for him, so there he was, waiting for her at the subway station to surprise her. He knew that she'll be there because she told him the other night, that she will have to leave early for her morning class.

Jack glanced around several times before he took a glimpse of the platinum blonde haired girl that caught his attention. She was walking just a few steps away from him, on her phone of course. His face instantly lights up and he jumped off the bench as quickly as he could and grin from ear to ear waiting for her to come.

"Excuse me miss, I think it's too early for this much prettiness," he said as soon as she walks in front of him, startling her like he always did. She jumped in shock as she turned to her left side, seeing Jack with a smile still plastered on his face. She chuckled as soon as she realized what he said earlier. He's such a stalker, isn't he? She thought.

"I thought you said your class will start at nine?" She said now walking with him to their train.

"And yours starts at eight," he said looking straight ahead.

"Then what are you doing here?" She asked him again.

"To walk with you there, isn't that obvious?" He said looking down and smiled at her making her blush.

Soon they entered the wagon, and as always, there was no seat available for them, so they need to stand. The train started to move, so both Jack and Elsa grabbed the straphanger poles for you to hold on, and it surprised her that his hand accidentally landed on top of hers, oh God, how cliché. But she couldn't help but to blush and immediately pulled her hand down.

"What's wrong? Was my hand too cold?" He asks making her blush.

"No..." she tried to look away. She was surprised, but she kinda likes it. Kinda. "The cold never bothered me," Elsa said quietly.

"Seriously, you need to stop blushing, you're too cute for your own good." He said. He fights the urge to pinch her crimson cheeks. But at least her blush was because of him, he smiled at the thought.

"Well gee, if only someone will stop teasing me" she sarcastically said and glared at him in a joking way. He chuckled then grabs her hand and bringing it up to the poles again with his hand still on top of hers. And this time she didn't pull away.

-

"Wait, you said you wouldn't have classes till nine, it's like, 8:15, what are you doing here?" Hiccup said as soon as Jack sat down beside him at the campus park.

"And what's with the smile? I thought you hated mornings" Hiccup continued, pushing his glasses that were sliding down his nose.

"Oh nothing, really. It's just been a great morning, that's all" Jack said still smiling like a lunatic

"Let me guess, it's that Elsa girl, right?" Hiccup raised his brow.

"Yeah, is it that obvious" Jack said.

"Not obvious, I just know you well" Hiccup shrugged. He did know him well, they've been friends since ninth grade.

"Anyway, I think I'm gonna ask her out soon," Jack said smirking.

"Do it, and you know what? I think this girl is in English with me" Hiccup said remembering the faces of his English classmates since the class was not as crowded as other classes.

"Really? What was she like in class?" Jack ask curiously.

"I don't know, never paid attention to her. She's really quite, But I can tell that she's smart" Hiccup said not looking at Jack, but at his own book.

"Smart and beautiful? Dang, I think she's a keeper"Jack quietly say to himself. Hiccup cringed at his best friend before rolling his eyes at him. Jack just laughed at him as he pulled out his books to relearn his last lesson before he got distracted by his phone of course.

-

"Someone's cheerful today, did Jack ask you out?" Punzie ask, Punzie and Elsa were walking out of their class and was planning to go get lunch together. It was lunchtime after all.

"No.." Elsa's face fell. Punzie mentally slapped herself for taking the joyfulness away from her friend's face.

"Hey don't worry, he will. Trust me" Punzie put one hand on her shoulder.

"I am not worried, Punzie," Elsa said a bit grumpy.

"And he's like, head over heels for you. He'll ask you out soon. I guarantee." Punzie rolled her eyes while smirking.

"And if you two married each other, I totally approved. And you'd make cute Jelsa babies! Oh my God!" Punzie said clapping her hands together as she started to plot her best friend's wedding in her mind.

"Rapunzel! That's ridiculous!" Elsa said hitting her shoulder playfully.

"What was he like anyway, you know, his behavior" Elsa ask her hoping her friend would know, as they share an activity together.

"Well he's loud, you know, his voice is so annoyingly loud, and he's reckless, witty, messy, definitely a jokester, but he's a fun guy one hundred percent," Punzie said making Elsa blushed for no reason. Punzie did know the guy very well, he's her senior at music club. And they sometimes hung out, since Jack is Eugene's friend.

Some of the things Punzie said, Elsa already knew since he teased her and messed with her without ending, and they talked like, every day. In real life or on text messages.

"The strange thing is his hands are often cold, is that normal?" Punzie said raising one brow at herself.

"You've held hands with him?" Elsa's eyes widened in surprise. And there was a tad bit of jealousy in her expression.

"No no, not like that. That time he gave me a guitar lesson for fun and sometimes he took my hand to show me where it should be!. And for your information missy I have a boyfriend" Punzie said narrowing her eyes towards Elsa.

Elsa just laughs and nodded. "Okay okay, I mean, it's totally cool if you did hold hands with him" Elsa halfheartedly said.

"So, where do you wanna eat? Ooh, how about that place over there!" Punzie said dragging her friend to the nearest cafe.