Chapter 1: Who I Am...

Hello, my name is Hailee Conklin and this is a story of how I fought to saved the four tribes with the aid of people I never knew could be family. However, I'm getting ahead of myself so let's start from the beginning. I am a "goddess" per say, I am what's known as the universal balance. I control both light and dark, life and death if you will. I have many abilities even control over the four known elements: fire, water, wind, and earth. I can also shapeshift, communicate with animals, and so much more. However, I do struggle with control over my dark abilities, anyway, enough about my powers, let's get to the topic of home life. My father, king of our people, is a very cruel man. He would torture me just for something to do. As for my queen, my mother, she was a very kind woman and always sought to protect me from my father. However, she too would fall victim to my father because of this, so I told her to stop caring for me. She needed to Just leave it as it was because I could not bear to see her hurt by my fathers hand. Someone like me was seen as a disgrace to my people, its not normal to be born of both categories, there has only ever been dark and light never a combination of both until me. So I was always seen as nothing more than a common mutt to my father. My people, however, took to me because I protected them from my father's rath. I would accomplish this by giving myself to my father so he would have something to release his anger out on. Over time I became numb to the pain and to the words. One day at age 8 two strangers walked into my families living courters, I hid under the couch and watched in horror as they shot and killed the king and queen; my mother and father. I grabbed my wolf companion Leo and together we left for the human world, where I have lived since that fateful day. My grandfather became king and ruled in my place until I am seen fit enough to take my place as queen. Little did I know now at age 17, I would be helping him in the human world as he called for my aid to help a few human friends of his in the battle to save the four tribes.