Chapter 2: The Call to Aid

I was walking with Leo through the meadow. We were talking about our plans for the night.
"So what do you plan to do Hailee?" asked Leo
I respond with a light shrug, "well probably the usual." The usual being walking through the forest alone in wolf form.
"Hailee, you need to meet some people. You can't continue to walk alone out there, you need to go out and hang with others," said Leo with a sadden expression.
"I know Leo, however, no one is going to want someone like me around. I'm too... to "strange" and "different" according to the people around here. After I shapeshifted in front of the townspeople to help that little boy they fear me and look at me with discuss. The only friends I have are you, the woodland animals, and Timothy that boy I save as well as his mother." I replayed with a half-hearted smile. I watched Leo lift his head till his brown eyes met mine, his black fur is a little longer than most wolves but it makes Leo look more stronger than he is.
"Hailee, don't say that anyone would be lucky to have someone like you as a friend. You help others and keep them save, Your caring, kind, and understanding. Many people fear only because they don't understand." He said sympathetically.
I smiled lightly, "thanks Leo, that means a lot to me more than you realize, however, you know that won't change their opinion of me. It doesn't matter anyways you now I have difficulty with people, I'm far better at speaking to animals. They are much more understanding and open-minded. People could be that way though if they would only let go of their fear."
"Well you can only try and I guaranty you they will change! They will see you as we animals do and how Timothy and his mother see you," said Leo with a wide, confident smile. Before I could reply a light brown and white bird flow up with a little scroll attached to his left leg.
"Hello, what can I do for you, little friend?" I asked the small, male bird.
"I'm here to deliver a message to you, princess Hailee, from the North side of Japan," said the bird every so sweetly.
"Please Hailee is fine, now then may I have the message please?" I asked kindly with a delicate smile.
"sure thing prince- I mean Hailee!" the bird said with an embarrassed smile. I removed the scroll from the bird's leg and I unraveled the white colored paper.
Dear Hailee
It has been so long my little wolf. I call from the human world I've been here for a few years now. I'll explain why once we have reunited but for now there's something I must ask of you wolfy. I need your help no the world needs your help. I'm sure you have heard of the four tribes: fire, water, wind, and earth. Well to put it bluntly my wolf they are in grave danger and your the only one who can help. Your Father, wolfy I'm sorry to say has returned from the under patch, only you are strong enough to stop him and the dark ones who work for him. He seeks to destroy the four tribes to end the good side of the balance making the world's balance in favor of the darkness if he succeeds he will once again walk with the living. I have friends from each of the tribes who have already sworn to aid you in this great war. Their names are as listed along with their tribe:
Water:
Benkei
Mizuki
Katio
Fire:
Akio
Katsurou
Wind:
Jiro
Subaru
Earth:
Riku
Ren
I beg of you met me near the North in Japan, there's an estate called Miracles just ask around many know of it so the closer you get to its location the more people will know of its whereabouts.
Sincerely your grandfathers call of aid
P.S please hurry my little wolf.
I stood there in shock of what I've just read.
"Hailee what is it?" asked Leo concern plastered on his face.
"Grandfather is in need of our aid in Northern Japan at an estate called Miracles. The four tribes are in great danger, Leo, fath- fathers spirit is back and he's conjured up more dark ones." I said with a straight face but through mixed emotions.
"wait, Nick is in here on Earth? when did he get here, who is ruling Echaecaea in his absence?" Said Leo shocked
"He can still rule from Earth remember he just has to have a way to contact both ways," I replied.
"And what of your father how has his spirit returned?" said Leo
"I don't know and there's only one way to find out," I continued, "we must go to grandfather and aid the four tribes."
"right!" said Leo, "come ill help pack we have a long journey ahead."
"That we do my friend," I said.
**Time Skip To North Japan**
"Excuse me, madam, sir, have you any idea where I can find the estate known as Miracles?" I asked politely.
"No I'm sorry miss," said the older lady.
"No very sorry miss," said the man.
"well thanks anyways," I said and bowed then walked on.
"What a polite young lady," said the madam.
"yes, polite indeed and what a magnificent creature she has as a companion," said the man. I smiled to myself hearing their kind words. I walked for hours with Leo asking for the whereabouts of the Miracles estate. However, I never received an answer only apologies.
*strange people here are really kind and opened* I thought to myself *I guess I'm just used to being ignored*
"Haileeee..." I heard my wolf friend say in a tired voice. "I'm getting kinda tired I may have stamina but you can go days without sleep I can't, it's wearing me down."
"I know my friend but we can't rest until we find the Miracles estates location. Just try Leo if your really that tired I can carry you," I respond with care while I ruffed up his dark fur. little did I know a couple of men heard me talking with Leo.
"HELLO, MISS," said a very large man but not large like fat, in fact, he was very muscular. he has brown hair and chocolate colored eyes
"ummm...H-Hello there, can I help you?" I said taken aback a bit by his loud tone.
"I'm very sorry Benkei can be a bit loud, we overheard your conversation," said the man, he had dark greenish blue hair. His eyes are a dark gray color almost black looking.
"yes?" I said, "and its quite alright." Benkei blushed a bit and tried to hide it.
"We're actually heading there now we can take you, miss..." said the man.
"Hailee, Hailee Conklin!" I said with a warm smile.
"Hailee, well I'm Subaru," said Subaru.
"Pleasure to met you both," I smiled and bowed. This made both men smile and bow back with hints of pink dust on their cheeks.
**Time Skip To The Estate**
"Wow! it's much bigger than I thought!" said Leo with excitement.
"Yes, very much so," I agree and giggled at Leo as we entered the estate.
"I know that voice!" boomed someone from behind the sliding doors that led to a dining area. Benkei opened the door and we all walked in. There were many people sitting in the room at a big table.
"Wolfy!" boomed the man once again.
"Hello, long time no see grandfather," I said with a smile.
"G-GRANDFATHER!" said Benkei from behind me. Subaru looking just as surprised. Benkei then bowed deeply getting on all fours and pressing his head to the floor.
"IM SORRY PRINCESS I DIDN'T REALIZE IT WAS YOU!" said Benkie.
"as I'm I," said Subaru as he got down on one knee and lowered his head.
"Please," I said as I raise Benkei's head from the floor and touch Subaru's shoulder, "Don't just call me Hailee and no need to bow I never have enjoyed ranks, I'm no different then you so you don't need to act so stiffly ok. I'm just me just Hailee." everyone in the room looked at me with shocked expressions apart from grandfather and Leo.
"I wouldn't argue with her about it," laughed Leo, "Hailee really does not enjoy being treated like a "princess" she more prefers to be treated as one of you."
"Leo, you know that's not why they can call me princess all they want I just don't enjoy people treating it as though I'm above them," I said.
"I know I'm just teasing Hailee," said Leo.
"Your not what I was expecting at all," said Subaru even more shocked.
"Wolfy is full of surprises," said grandfather a smile plastered to his face. "how have you been all these years kiddo?"
"fine," I replied, "Leo has been keeping me company and so has the other woodland animals."
"I'm glad," said grandfather with a sad smile, "and I'm sorry for everything Wolfy."
"It's fine you did what you had to do those years ago," I replied with a smile, "so you needed my aid?"
"yes, there has been trouble, attacks on the four tribes by the dark ones, Hailee, you-your father is responsible I fear he is behind all the attacks," said grandfather.
"...I understand," I said straight-faced, "tell me everything, from start to finish."